Rocketry in a Narrative

I have decided to start a new game with this exciting update, and here is the story my Duplicants went through.

1.thumb.png.72d0e50a030d63cc7c69ce046452aa81.png

"We are Gravitas. We make rockets."

2.thumb.png.c9eab51907f098838693d3d232159ff3.png

"I'm on a space mission! Wait...will it be more fun than being sucked through a pipe?"

3.thumb.png.7f574cbc3885dca7bdd4749c575d3ac8.png

"So much hype!"

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.thumb.gif.d4aff08e0e082e8614b8347e66de6ca0.gif

"Uh oh! That's a lot of broken pieces!"

5.thumb.png.4c015a2c7f7ce3019344ede318547097.png

"Space Command here. Forgot to open the silo door and retract the gantries. Sorry!"

6.thumb.png.7385c41414937dbdeab0ef05f94c2738.png

"You now have the permission to launch in T minus 10...9...8..."

5b98857ebcb6b_ezgif.com-video-to-gif(1).thumb.gif.1066bbfc4acb100f3f0561d6855402e8.gif

"Whew! That worked! I'll let the architect know that those wires need to be made out of Tungsten next time."

Thoughts on building a rocket for the first time:

• I wasn't sure whether the rocket would withstand meteor showers at first, so I tested it out. Turns out it does, but it would still be entombed. So I decided to move it indoors.
  • I like to build rooms 16 spaces wide and 5 spaces tall. The rocket modules have the exact height. It felt amazing.
  • It seemed like I can fit two rockets into a single room, but only after when the rocket launched did I see that the engine will knock out all the gantries, unless the gantry is part of the wall.
  • There is the problem of the massive amount of heat generated by the engine on take off. It reached ~1500 C and melted a lot of wires on its way up there. This could be fixed by having Tungsten wires.
  • The animation looked really cool until the rocket disappeared.

How are you guys building rockets?

I did a debug test yesterday regarding hot co2.

If you place your gas pump above The astronaut gantry & Seal The room.

IT takes less than a cycle to cool down below 80C.

The igneous wallpaper tiles are such a massive heat sink.

Over longer term it is probably necessary to hold a minimal atmo, so you can chill the drywall with liquid pipes.

2 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

Its better to build the rocket in total vacuum to let the CO2 to be sucked out.

Also, the design of the biological bay is really irritating. the connection points are way too narrow....

No. Co2 is oil.

5 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

CO2 at 1500C? your going to cook your slicksters alive

Also, CO2 from patroleum generator is a much better source for CO2 for a slickster farm than a rocket...which you have to manually launch all the time...and cool the CO2....

The co2 gets cooled by The wallpaper tiles (mass 400kg). Test it, dont judge.

10 minutes ago, Carnis said:

Even then, its not a constant supply and it requires you to constantly launch rockets to feed the farm so I don't see it being reliable source for a slickster farm, my opinion anyway.

Plus, oil is infinite anyway with the oil reservoir, and considering how buggy slicksters are, I don't see the point for a slickster farm at all.

5 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

Even then, its not a constant supply and it requires you to constantly launch rockets to feed the farm so I don't see it being reliable source for a slickster farm, my opinion anyway.

Plus, oil is infinite anyway with the oil reservoir, and considering how buggy slicksters are, I don't see the point for a slickster farm at all.

I guess youve never had a natgas boiler then. Slicksters work perfectly reasonably in under 2k atmo CO and over mesh tiles.

I had one save with 50 slickster farm food source.

On My latest save had 20 was working towards 75 until the chemistry change.

Principle difference here is ofc, that I try to feed over 80 dupes now.

Just now, Carnis said:

Is it always 400Kg or only for rocket with one fuel tank and others generate more?

So rocket that travels for coal produces 400Kg of carbon dioxide and ~330Kg of coal (plus 660Kg of other resources), spends 900Kg of petroleum...

1 hour ago, Steve Raptor said:

CO2 at 1500C? your going to cook your slicksters alive

Also, CO2 from patroleum generator is a much better source for CO2 for a slickster farm than a rocket...which you have to manually launch all the time...and cool the CO2....

Well Cooking them depends on the sheer quantity of the gas, if it is only 100kg in total then that versus a slicksters 400kg would heat them up very little.

1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

Is it always 400Kg or only for rocket with one fuel tank and others generate more?

So rocket that travels for coal produces 400Kg of carbon dioxide and ~330Kg of coal (plus 660Kg of other resources), spends 900Kg of petroleum...

He was referring to the tiles being 400kg not the rocket. 

But there are plenty of ways to cool it anyway to stop your pumps etc melting

In the current state of the game, the rocket can be fully submerged, and still be launched.

I was considering making a rocket silo filled with oil to force all that co2 to the top at once, maybe even try to convert some of that heat - rocket driven turbine ? :D - but it should be possible to actually get a use out of it somehow

5 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

In the current state of the game, the rocket can be fully submerged, and still be launched.

I was considering making a rocket silo filled with oil to force all that co2 to the top at once, maybe even try to convert some of that heat - rocket driven turbine ? :D - but it should be possible to actually get a use out of it somehow

It doesn't seem like anything can stop rockets from going into space. It even destroyed my bunker doors. I'm wondering if I can launch it at the bottom of the map and clear large areas of tiles with it.

There seems to be a lot of functions with the rocket apart from getting mediocre resources from outer space.

Archived