Any downsides on building a base on space?

First and foremost you`ll need to insulate the entire thing (right after you build bunker tiles of course). Space is pretty hot with all the regolith falling from the sky. Other than that it will make your supply lines pretty long. Most needed stuff like water is down in the asteroid so you`ll need to pump it all the way up. Finally expanding your space base may cause oxygen leaks so watch out for that.

As for drywall i don`t know if it gets any bonuses from anything so i`d just use igneous rock since there`s a lot of it everywhere.

1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

First and foremost you`ll need to insulate the entire thing (right after you build bunker tiles of course). Space is pretty hot with all the regolith falling from the sky. Other than that it will make your supply lines pretty long. Most needed stuff like water is down in the asteroid so you`ll need to pump it all the way up. Finally expanding your space base may cause oxygen leaks so watch out for that.

As for drywall i don`t know if it gets any bonuses from anything so i`d just use igneous rock since there`s a lot of it everywhere.

I already sealed the whole limit zone under steel tiles, i assume there won't be any problems if i just build everything under those steel tiles and pump in fresh oxygen?

Just now, jfc said:

I already sealed the whole limit zone under steel tiles, i assume there won't be any problems if i just build everything under those steel tiles and pump in fresh oxygen?

It will be mostly ok i think. Just keep in mind the ground below is hot as well so insulate that and you should be good to go.

15 hours ago, jfc said:

You need a layer of insulated tiles below steel with vacuum between them. Steel is a good conductor and will heat your rooms to 300 degrees.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Sasza22 said:

Most needed stuff like water is down in the asteroid

unless you got my map which have the highest output steam geyser up there in space, making cooling it a PITA, had to get 12 wheezeworts from space and cool it with hydrogen.

Archived