Why would I need more than ~30 sec. asteroid warning?

Scanners give you a random duration between 0-200 seconds warning at 0% scanner quality, 100-200 seconds at 50%, and always exactly 200 seconds at 100%.

If you simply throw in a NOT gate and feed the scanner signal directly to the bunker doors, your best option is between 30s - 200s. Best option: bunker doors close just as meteors arrive. Worst option: doors close early and you lose out on 170 seconds of sunlight.

But you don't have to feed the scanner signal directly to the bunker doors. Install a 100% scanner array, put a BUFFER gate in between the NOT and the doors, and set it to 170 seconds (or 160 to be safe, they take slightly longer than 30 seconds to close). Now your doors always close right before the meteorites arrive, and you get maximum efficiency out of your panels.

Are showers localized?  I'd set up a not and then between the range of 2 scanners a sort of reverse or so that if either one triggered the shared bunker would close.  If the entire map gets hit equally with meteors that sort of thing isn't needed.

3 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Are showers localized?  I'd set up a not and then between the range of 2 scanners a sort of reverse or so that if either one triggered the shared bunker would close.  If the entire map gets hit equally with meteors that sort of thing isn't needed.

It happens all at once, rather than in sections.  I kinda feel like sections would be better, but that's not what's up.

Archived