Send a single tick if signal is active

How to send a single tick (like a brief flash of active signal) if the input signal is active. Then it wouldn't send other ticks unless input goes standby > active.

EDIT: I've found this setup, but it seems it would continuously send pulses if the input is active. This is not a desirable behaviour for me (see above).

59fcd411441fc_69bbed3dc3d02e9546c165240b

2 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

I think memory toggle can help with that.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Activate a loader to push just a couple of berry sludges onto a conveyor line if a fridge (that is very far away) reports as not full. If I were to keep sending, I would load all of my food stockpile onto that line, which I don't want to do.

1 minute ago, Tobruk said:

Activate a loader to push just a couple of berry sludges onto a conveyor line if a fridge (that is very far away) reports as not full. If I were to keep sending if the fridge reports not full, I would load all of my food stockpile onto that line, which I don't want to do.

I see.

Perhaps this will help you out.

The AND gate gives you control on when is the "endless loop" activates or not.

The signal switch controls it.

If its OFF, the output will always be OFF.

If its ON then the output will toggle ON/OFF depends on the timers set on the filter/buffer gate.

elec.jpg

That setup is way to complicated. What you need is a XOR and a filter. Split the input into 2 and connect one branch through the filter and one without to the XOR. The filter delay is the time of the pulse.

It won`t activate again untill you toggle it off. Might send a tick during turn off due to automation lagging but a second filter on the output will fix that.

4 hours ago, Nxf7 said:

I was about to post the positive edge detector but you beat me to it :D

He can keep the buffer if he wants the signal to be a certain length but for a single tick only a NOT gate and an AND gate is needed. Nothing more.

Archived