Slow Progression with expressive update

Anyone thinks that after the expressive upgrade the pace of the game looks so slow?

Like, the dupes can´t do half of the things that they did before, for me the game is now a watching the screen game.

You give commands and they wait for cycles and cycles for the things get done, I miss the game where my action of clicking and playing is making results that don´t take half a hour to evertying change

I start a new game in the development RU for testing the new stuff, for me if a thing isn't done i change the priorities and is done faster...

I thing your mistake is how you train your dupes. I train first 1 architect, 1 miner and 1 courier, then switch one of them to researcher, The 4-th fill the missing spot. After the researcher is 100% I move it to another job and the dupes whit same job become researcher. and so on until i need farmers, artist, engineer, etc.

I play only whit 8 dupe (2 full rooms whit luxuries beds) or one whit regulars. In this way i can manage better my food situation, oxygen production, water management, etc

For toilet time in the beginning i make 3 and 4 time shifts x 2 dupes, after lavatories and flush toilets (2 time shifts x 4 dupes)

The best thing i see is now you can mine abyssalite whit level 2 miner (before EU it was level 3 miner)

Overall things are actually happening faster in EU than before. 

BUT you have to use the schedules correctly and you have to have more dupes.  You can't get away with a tiny number of dupes anymore.  

[Actually you can but it's a bit harder to get them to work nonstop without downtime]

Set up rotating schedules and somebody is always working at all times.  I'm currently using 3 shifts of 5 dupes (1 dig/build, 1 farm/ranch, 1 cook/operate, 1 supply/storage, 1 generalist).  So I have 10 dupes working at any single moment in time.

Not sure I experience the same issue...are you talking about task paralysis?

Since EU I had several 500+ cycle bases and I got to the point that dupes went idle, and I ran max 9 dupes.

Generally, the tasks that take the majority of time are construction and cleaning up debris.

Exosuit placement is also crucial as it can slow things down.

I give each dupe  2 jobs, primary and secondary and they are split into 2 shifts (night and day).

For example, builder + miner, builder +gofoer, rancher+groundkeeper, cook+Farmer.

The most important roles to keep everything fluid are builders, ranchers (if you ran multplle ranches) and gofoers/ground keepers (should be combined).

I tend to have 2-3 builders (1 of them is a mechatronics engineer), and 2 groundkeepers and this way I can complete projects in no time.

Exosuits can bottleneck projects, I only build exosuits at the entrance to the oil biome, space biome and small rooms like drecko farms.

Blocking large areas with exosuit will greatly slow things down.

2 minutes ago, Steve Raptor said:

Exosuits can bottleneck projects, I only build exosuits at the entrance to the oil biome, space biome and small rooms like drecko farms.

Blocking large areas with exosuit will greatly slow things down.

This is an apporach i`m trying lately. Doing exosuits at every exit of the game is clunky and makes the base run slower. In my latest base i tried exploring without exosuits as far as it`s possible. Then set them up for areas like space or squeaky puft ranch. This also simplkifies the oxygen pipes that tend to get too many branches later in the game.

Archived