SPOM build with AETN?

Do the same but route the hydrogen to the nullifier before the generator, to keep it running. Then make your oxygen pipes go through the nullifier instead of wheezeworts. Also you should really be using radiant pipes in the cooling area (looks like you don't in your screenshot).

13 minutes ago, Djoums said:

Do the same but route the hydrogen to the nullifier before the generator, to keep it running. Then make your oxygen pipes go through the nullifier instead of wheezeworts. Also you should really be using radiant pipes in the cooling area (looks like you don't in your screenshot).

The SPOM and other builds like it pre-dates radiant pipes. He just used the stock screen shot of a SPOM.

Please note that using an AETN to cool the O2 of a single electrolyzer setup is most likely overkill. If your electrolyzer has 100% uptime it will produce 888g/s O2 at 70°C. To cool that to room temperature you need 888g/s * 1.005 (J/g)/K * 50K = 44.622kW. With 4 wheezeworts you are already cooling with 48kW and the radiant pipes will ensure that it is fast enough as well. AETNs have a cooling power of 80kW which is near double the cooling you need for just room temperature oxygen.

Clickrush is right. But if you have an aetn close by and you want to use it deconstruct the buttom tiles and replace them with doors connected to automation so they open when a set temperature inside the room is achieved or a pipe temp sensor. So you don't burn too fast through the hydrogen.

Or an automation valve inhibiting the hydrogen flow toward the aetn if you don't want to put doors under the aetn.

Another usage that just came to me where the stronger cooling effect wouldn't be wasted would be if you'd need some very cool oxygen for a sleet wheat farm. You won't need the full size of the room running with radiant pipes to bring the oxygen down by 50 degrees. So you could split a part off when it reaches 25°C and run the rest further through the cold room till it reaches 0°C

abyssalite insulated was overkill :)    I've been using Igneous, Sedimentary and Obsidian Insulated with no real issues.  when in doubt use ceramic insulated until you get the high end materials which look fantastic (i've never launched a rocket yet, lol.   I'll have to work on that)

*grin* thankfully they added new materials for you guys to do that.

as for the OP; i'd recommend you make several spom that use the same nullifier since it really is overkill for just one.

frankly, I'm excited to work with new materials and I have a REASON to go into space now :)

Your average SPOM is just a bit overdoing it for offsetting the heat in the O2 from a single Electrolyzer when using 4 Wheezeworts.  Depends on how much utilization you have on the O2 coming out, and if it ever backs up into the cooling chamber of the SPOM.  Under ideal conditions, an AETN removes heat at a rate approximately equal to 7 point something Wheezeworts.  So if you modify a SPOM for 2 Electrolyzers, you should be able to achieve perfect comfort levels of O2.  Provided you can consume all of that O2 -- 2 Electrolyzers make quite a lot.

11 hours ago, jfc said:

Is this still doable now without the abyssalite insulated tiles?

Yes. Just use a double walled outer shell of insulated tiles. Worst case scenario a double insulated wall of regular materials is 15.5 times better insulation than single walled insulated of ceramic, and you don't even have to waste coal on making ceramic on a large scale.

Same with insulated pipes inside insulated tiles. No reason to waste coal and make insulated ceramic pipes if you can just run the insulated pipes inside insulated tiles using regular materials.

Obviously there will be places where ceramic insulated tiles and pipes still makes sense but in general you can design around the problem.

Archived