Fossils and the New World

I have a question. I saw answers on other topics but I'm not 100% sure on how it will effect this new update.

Will fossils be updated to previous maps loaded with a different update? How would that work? Would they just appear suddenly after the update?

I ask because I started a new map, and I find it'll be a waste if the fossils don't load afterwards and I need to either start over again or work on right now on an alternative for getting lime ready for release. Lime is such a pain in the butt that I need to plan 10 steps ahead or face problems. I was so happy when fossils gave us an alternative, and I hope its not the last alternative they give us to just egg breeding.

Please and thanks.

1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

To have fossil, you need to create a new map. It not replace any existants materials, it's an add.

I've tested it.

That.. is a mood killer. I had this new map all ready to go, but maybe I should just take a break from the game if it means I'll miss a new element to this update.

Anything else that I'll miss out on that I might not realize? I might sleep on it and decide I can just deal with the lime in other ways if there isn't anything else I'll lose in a week.

4 minutes ago, babba said:

I think if we they realize that we ask for Fossils to be added to the debug god mode as material, they would hopefully listen :) 

I dont play on debug mode.. if I did, I wouldn't need to put in fossils, I'd just cheat and make steel or whatever I needed. Having to use god mode to enter in the content from the update would help, but I wouldn't actually do it. I try to stay away from debug entirely.

3 hours ago, BadlyBurned said:

Anything else that I'll miss out on that I might not realize?

No that's it. You will have rocket and spacemap.

You should add some fossils with the sandbox mode, it's not a cheat, it's just a normal update.

2 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

What is preventing you to start a new map in the preview branch?

Performance. I tried.. but it just had all their animations messed up once I got past day 100-200. Made me dizzy. Game normally runs like a breeze for me, but these previews don't. I know it'll work fine once the update drops.

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

No that's it. You will have rocket and spacemap.

You should add some fossils with the sandbox mode, it's not a cheat, it's just a normal update.

Ya.. I know.. but I don't want to have to resort to that. It feels like cheating no matter how I justify it.

One of the challenges I like to make in my games is keeping things alive or relevant in case I need them in the future. I don't need Shinebugs right now, I find them pretty useless, but I keep one alive in case an update ever comes out in which I need one.

If I just used Sandbox after each update I wouldn't need to do that, and it'd remove some of the fun in planning ahead.

Archived