Suicide pacu

I noticed something similar in my bigger pacu pond.

Pacus will flock together in groups of around 5 pacus and float in a very constant area. Only those that by-chance were close to a feeder will use it to eat from time to time. Others seem to be frozen.

Your pacu seems to show the same behaviour, but without the flocking.

It might be worth a shot changing the layout of your pond to make it a bit thiner but deeper. Maybe the pacu can deal better with that.

9 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I've been having problems with them starving before laying eggs, even the wild ones in the slime biome.

1 ) If the world was early on then it was unbalanced , the pacu spawning too young , dying...

2 ) It was too hot in there

There was a thread about late game performance issues affecting pufts. Seems like all critters are concerned. I'm reaching cycle 900 and noticed a few problems with the molten slicksters already. Sometimes they appear to freeze for a while.

Saving and reloading seems fix the issues for me. Same thing seems to occasionally happen with other critters. I had a frozen hatch and shinebug before. Dreckos are a whole different story, possibly more than one bug there.

It is a bug. I nearly lost a lot of Pacus because they were all on the same tile in a rather large water tank and were all overcrowded as a result. The problem seems to be related to the task-planner getting overwhelmed. This also freezes dupes in place for a time and the like.

Archived