Food complaints have gone too far

I am currently feeding my Dupes Omelettes and I still get the "the crap you are feeding us is so bad, I can barely stop myself from vomiting" emote. This is "Standard / +2". I would expect that at "Standard" they stop complaining and above standard, they start to compliment the food. 

Is there some level where they stop complaining?

I wouldn't worry as long as they don't have a low morale. When you get further you can take care of it. 

Some of my dupes still get fried mushbars and they are on +8 morale expectation. 

Now I'm working on setting up a bigger farm and stables. 

I've seen them do that animation after eating stuffed berries and BBQ, so I don't think it is actually based on what they ate.

Or the animation selection is bugged . . .The morale effect is correct, just the animation looks really odd.

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

You sure it didn't have any food poisoning on it? They're supposed to visualize when they eat germy food

Just like in real life :D "Oh no, I see billions of bacteria on this thing and I won't enjoy it"

1 hour ago, Cairath said:

You sure it didn't have any food poisoning on it? They're supposed to visualize when they eat germy food

I am. But it was something close: The food was stale. Reason is the broken freezer mechanics where everything heats up and starts to decay for a while when you put in something warmer then 4C. A small freezer (10kg limit) next to the great hall should fix that, because food will not stay in there long enough to go stale. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, martosss said:

Are you sure they're not eating something else from that container, for example a muckroot that they dug out and stored in the same place?

Not on cycle 1200 ;)

I keep my fridges unpowered and submerged in CO2 - no stale food. I don't like the fridge mechanic that lets food spoil even if they work properly. That means keeping food in CO2 is a better solution, since then food can be stored indefinitely long.

Just now, martosss said:

I keep my fridges unpowered and submerged in CO2 - no stale food. I don't like the fridge mechanic that lets food spoil even if they work properly. That means keeping food in CO2 is a better solution, since then food can be stored indefinitely long.

Sure, I have that too. But I have one fridge close to the great hall to reduce food-fetching times during downtime. It had the standard 100kg setting and that was clearly too much.

Archived