Trouble with Treckos (Dreckos)

I recently got back in to Oni with the expressive update. And am having some trouble with the standard drecko. I tried looking around, but haven't seen anything pop up about solutions to this problem, so I was wondering if some kind folks on the forums could offer some insight into drecko behavior.

The issue I'm having is a drecko ranch I built. Originally It had built it to house some wild dreckos just to let me sheer them occasionally. But it turned out that eggs from tamed dreckos hatch tame dreckos and so they began to starve. So I built in some balm lillies to feed them. And I figured I would just throw in a grooming station to increase egg production. But they're not eating the balm lillies and are starving to death instead.

Also, had many mealwoods per glossy drecko is necessary to be sustainable?

20180801041224_1.thumb.jpg.6cfcca46369f5bc4d795baf8c6cd591b.jpg

I tried that, but it did not seem to resolve the issue. What appears to be happening is they confine themselves to only eating plants between 25%- ~30%. Direct observation saw them snub 33% stalks while starving while eating a stalk that just matured to 25%. I've staggered several stalk growth times to be about ~10% apart and they've been consuming them without issue, now. Only one starved to death before I could resolve it.

Somebody said that dreckos prefer to eat when they can reach the top part of the plant (so from the wall right next to it or from the ceiling (2 tile high room). This would mean that only one of your plants is actually a prefered meal location.

Other than that dreckos seem to disregard plants below 10% (from my experience).

I usually solve the issue by planting alot more plants than needed and hoping for the best. My drecko stable has about 1,5times the balm lilys in it than you have and the dreckos seem happy. They are wild though, so that might be a factor.

My tame drecko stable (glossy) used to be fine with ~4-5 mealwood, but since i changed my design i seem to struggle with keeping the dreckos fed, even though there are plenty of plants.

I thought it was glossy dreckos that ate the balm lillies not the normal ones? Also if you want to keep the pen wild you need to remove the grooming station etc. It isnt needed if you only intend to sheer them..

42 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Somebody said that dreckos prefer to eat when they can reach the top part of the plant (so from the wall right next to it or from the ceiling (2 tile high room). This would mean that only one of your plants is actually a prefered meal location.

This happens if they are in planters and not farm/hydroponic tiles. I noticed this issue and it was horrible XD

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

I thought it was glossy dreckos that ate the balm lillies not the normal ones?

Glossy = Mealwood + Bristle

Normal = Balm Lily + Meal Wood + x (with meal wood increasing the chance on glossy eggs)

Some were wild. But I tossed in some eggs from some tamed dreckos to hatch 'naturally' and they sprouted as tame. So added the balm lilies to feed the tame dreckos and decided to toss in a grooming station to get more eggs, since I was already setup to feed them.

I was endeavoring to not let them starve. Even though it was easier to just have done so. Trying to save lives of dupe and fawna. Except Morbs. I don't play with slimelung.

Dig them up and replant them.

I know that sounds stupid, but I tracked the same bug to something that has to do with the plants becoming "halted" because of the wrong temperature, pressure, or whatever. If they hit this halted state, the Deckos will no longer eat them once they resume their normal growing status.

I discovered this because I had the same issue with mealwood when they hit over 30 degrees. I put in some cooling to bring them back down so they can resume growing, but the Dreckos won't touch them unless I dig them up and replant them.

Hope that solves it for you 

6 hours ago, BadlyBurned said:

Dig them up and replant them.

I know that sounds stupid, but I tracked the same bug to something that has to do with the plants becoming "halted" because of the wrong temperature, pressure, or whatever. If they hit this halted state, the Deckos will no longer eat them once they resume their normal growing status.

I discovered this because I had the same issue with mealwood when they hit over 30 degrees. I put in some cooling to bring them back down so they can resume growing, but the Dreckos won't touch them unless I dig them up and replant them.

Hope that solves it for you 

Oh, that's plausible. They were halted waiting for the chlorine to fill the bottom when I started putting plants in there. I did end up uprooting them and they are being consumed. Interesting.

7 hours ago, Kabrute said:

file a bug report please,

I posted one with the solution in the Bug Report forum, just in case this is something they weren't aware of. Hopefully it helps some folks out who had this driving them crazy (like me in the past)

Archived