Why does meteors fall threw the ruins ?

2 minutes ago, Papartichaud said:

After Reaching the surface of the asteroid, i noticed that meteors strikes were hitting the biomes UNDER the ruins, is that a bug ?

I noticed with the launch of the Expressive update that we can now deconstruct the tiles that make up the procedural POIs and the gravitas facility. Maybe a side effect of that change is that those tiles are no longer immune to meteor damage?

10 minutes ago, Sevio said:

I noticed with the launch of the Expressive update that we can now deconstruct the tiles that make up the procedural POIs and the gravitas facility. Maybe a side effect of that change is that those tiles are no longer immune to meteor damage?

Even in CU the regolith fell through the first layer of pre-built tiles. But I've never seen them go through the two layers so even in EU. I must admit I've not watched for that though. 

37 minutes ago, Papartichaud said:

After Reaching the surface of the asteroid, i noticed that meteors strikes were hitting the biomes UNDER the ruins, is that a bug ?

You know, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. It might be a bug, but I think the reason it happens, is because the gravitas POI is not spawned into the world until you reveal the fog of war and can see the actual facility. However, the meteor strikes start as soon as you get close to the surface, across the entire surface. That means, that while you're close enough to the surface, but not close enough to have seen the gravitas POI, meteors will strike across the entire surface, including the area where the facility will spawn. But once you see the POI and it spawns, meteors hit the top of facility instead, resulting in a ravaged biome below the facility.

2 minutes ago, Capsup said:

But once you see the POI and it spawns, meteors hit the top of facility instead, resulting in a ravaged biome below the facility.

I have some bad news: In all game states do meteors fall into the gravitas.

The problem seems to occur when a meteor is hitting a corner, so you can make your gravitas meteor proof if you build a couple bunker tiles

Can confirm that meteors are hitting underneath the gravitas POI after it has been exposed and with no path through the facility.  It does not block the meteors.

Plan accordingly.

On a related note:  Anyone got any good tips on how to get a ridiculous amount of Lime in a very very short amount of time?  The right hand side of my asteroid is off-gassing into space....

This shows the area under the facility that was getting pummeled by meteors.  They are hitting that scrap of a bunker wall shield now.  They also seem to be striking inside the facility as well?  Very strange.

20180730182207_1.jpg

7 hours ago, Nutter said:

Can confirm that meteors are hitting underneath the gravitas POI after it has been exposed and with no path through the facility.  It does not block the meteors.

Plan accordingly.

On a related note:  Anyone got any good tips on how to get a ridiculous amount of Lime in a very very short amount of time?  The right hand side of my asteroid is off-gassing into space....

The best Lime factory I've managed to create is building a very large water tank with a couple of fish in it, then some feeds and unleashing a fishsplosion in there. Fishies are pretty much good for nothing, except that their eggs contain 2kg of lime. And once your fish get tamed by eating from the feeder, their reproductive cycle blasts off and they'll multiply by a lot.

Another way I've been producing lime is as a side product of my shine bug solar plant. Although this isn't nearly as good as shine bugs only produce 100g of eggshell.

Archived