Since when, dupes could build 5 tiles high?

I noticed before (in CU) that dupes can make something as long there is part of construction is on their 4 tiles range. Your painting is 2 tile height, which they can build even they only can reach the bottom of it. The same situation applies to door and valves. Strange thing is, even though they can build it, they not always can deconstruct it. For deconstruction, they need to reach a specific tile, for example bottom area of door or valve.

Dupes cannot build at 5-tile height. You can test by ordering them to build a pipe at 5th tile above where they stand. However, as @abud mentioned, dupes can build a paint (or any objects) like yours when its lower part is within 4-tile height. I always use a 5-tile bathroom with a paint above each outhouse/lavatory since they changed the outhouse to 2x3 cell. 

7 hours ago, abud said:

I noticed before (in CU) that dupes can make something as long there is part of construction is on their 4 tiles range. Your painting is 2 tile height, which they can build even they only can reach the bottom of it. The same situation applies to door and valves. Strange thing is, even though they can build it, they not always can deconstruct it. For deconstruction, they need to reach a specific tile, for example bottom area of door or valve.

2 hours ago, hidezo said:

Dupes cannot build at 5-tile height. You can test by ordering them to build a pipe at 5th tile above where they stand. However, as @abud mentioned, dupes can build a paint (or any objects) like yours when its lower part is within 4-tile height. I always use a 5-tile bathroom with a paint above each outhouse/lavatory since they changed the outhouse to 2x3 cell. 

Yep but the red picture shows an area, where it happened before and they clearly digged out the 5th row (bug report)..

Just now, Oozinator said:

Please read the bug report - explorer crash..

Please provide a screenshot where we can actually see the original tiles of the room. The decor overlay makes it hard to see what kind of material the 5th layer consists of.

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

Please provide a screenshot where we can actually see the original tiles of the room. The decor overlay makes it hard to see what kind of material the 5th layer consists of.

They did it only once..image.thumb.png.e21a1ff32c5e518402785d6f0f2ae76d.png

I have a similar scenario -  built a valve on tiles 4 and 5, after which I can't deconstruct it, since there are obsidian tiles around it and a desk + lockers + 2 doors below it. You should have the same build/deconstruct reach so these kinds of situations don't arise.

Archived