Well, I shouldn't have anymore lime shortages

When I made my 4 shine bug solar farms, I honestly didn't think much of the egg laying, until I automated it.

I don't currently recall who I got this egg dropper design from, but it works like a charm, just don't stress about the couple eggs that don't make it through.5b36608568803_Screenshot(178).thumb.png.1192f99145dfc4a43695d016ec7a9091.png

No, he's using the egg dropper technique.  On the left side of the screen are the ranches.  The eggs are being transported to the over-crowded central room and dropped on the floor to naturally incubate (the resulting creatures dropping at least a replacement egg before the end of their life) resulting in way too many critters over time.

The 'egg dropper' is created by interrupting the 'manipulator' just after it picks up the egg.  If you look carefully on the left side of the top part of the central room you can see an empty storage container.  The arm is trying to put the egg in there but by automation gets turned off mid-swing dropping the egg to the bottom next to Ashkan.

Puff's is a big problem, they keep generating tons of eggs and I can for the life of me make a stable+egg dropper design that doesn't make them generate an eggxplosion.

Puff Princes need to be in a room alone to generate Puff eggs.

Other way around with Puff's and you need the Puffs in optimally sized rooms to produce the most slime.

So a 1-6 Puff/Puff  Prince stable for the egg laying and because we can't move babies, we have to move the eggs from those stables or the auto wrangler will remove the grown ups when a baby hatch. So the stable will keep generating eggs at insane rates and without a way to crack some eggs or store them due to the egg dropper, things get very overcrowded quickly.

A drecko or hatch lay eggs that you don't need to move out of it's room, resulting in a mechanic that slow down egg laying, when your rooms is full.

19 hours ago, malloc said:

The eggs are being transported to the over-crowded central room and dropped on the floor to naturally incubate (the resulting creatures dropping at least a replacement egg before the end of their life)...

The glum debuff you get from overcrowded does prevent egg laying AFAIK, so all of those critters are purely from other pens(14 shine bugs, 6 pufts). Aside from that, you are dead on.

11 hours ago, Miravlix said:

So a 1-6 Puff/Puff  Prince stable for the egg laying and because we can't move babies, we have to move the eggs from those stables or the auto wrangler will remove the grown ups when a baby hatch. So the stable will keep generating eggs at insane rates and without a way to crack some eggs or store them due to the egg dropper, things get very overcrowded quickly.

I really wish there was a setting on the egg cracker for ensuring you don't use ALL of your eggs of a given type, I want some shine bugs to replace the breeders when they die of old age. 

10 hours ago, Carnis said:

what is the fish drop box for?

Killing excess critters, will kill every critter except slicksters and pacu.  I had to up the priority of all my pens so they'd drown them more often, but the nursery is still crazy overcrowded.

Here's a fun pic of when I loaded up the save today, and the shine bugs were still shining.

Spoiler

5b37b69335a02_Screenshot(181).thumb.png.314d1b3c0fbb2fad84db088da16ff9cc.png

What I really want is to be able to auto crack excess eggs, without risking cracking all the eggs and never getting a baby again, thus running out of said critters when old age hits.

Archived