Cooled Pincha Pepperplant Greenhouse

After my attempt at building heated sleet wheat farms for dupe comfort... (check link to see post)

...I decided to try the same thing on pincha pepperplants

The O2 in the greenhouse in range of the farmer stays at an average 20C while the hydroponic farm tiles are heated with 50C water

1.thumb.png.23d26c10a71916266f3c8028fac9e46c.png2.thumb.png.eb0e3e2d9edd2426b680efe7d9942b6f.png4.thumb.png.952d11962d2b81d039aaccc35f2019f4.png3.thumb.png.fa175aa44bba44ff801e4acbb2af7b7e.png5.thumb.png.8d892fc76c8d908886be356368a03f42.png6.thumb.png.00be71a4d4e23e7aad147b296b61749b.png7.thumb.png.9d8c9fbba73d5d333b20e063fc4da554.png

I might actually use this setup, or at least use most of the basic idea from this build. Pincha is the only plant I can use because there is too much meat lately. If I use sleet instead, I won't have lime for steel.

How your sweeper can work underwater? If I'm not mistaken, I got flooded with my sweeper.

42 minutes ago, abud said:

I might actually use this setup, or at least use most of the basic idea from this build. Pincha is the only plant I can use because there is too much meat lately. If I use sleet instead, I won't have lime for steel.

How your sweeper can work underwater? If I'm not mistaken, I got flooded with my sweeper.

42 minutes ago, abud said:

The row of tiles the Sweepers are in must have only a very small volume of liquid.  A tile isn't considered Flooded until, what, 500 kg/tile?

1 hour ago, abud said:

19 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

The row of tiles the Sweepers are in must have only a very small volume of liquid.  A tile isn't considered Flooded until, what, 500 kg/tile?

I used less than 1 kg/tile

00.thumb.png.f10a639c1bbee56eff0e2b6053566ce7.png

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

So you're cooling water to keep the o2 cooled within the room, before putting it in pincha plants, then heating up a separate pool of liquid to heat the plants up again ?

Are you high? :D

never cooled the water, it was already cold

and this was just an experiment in debug to see if I can keep farmers comfortable without using cool vest or exosuits

and no I don't get my stash till Friday :D

9 hours ago, Neotuck said:

never cooled the water, it was already cold

and this was just an experiment in debug to see if I can keep farmers comfortable without using cool vest or exosuits

and no I don't get my stash till Friday :D

Yeah, your water may be cooled - but if someone were to replicate this, thats what your build essentially does/needs.

Requires cold water -> warms that water -> consumes that water -> has to heat the cold that was caused by that water...

That was my point :) Maybe just me, but that seems crazy?

Just don't take it as it is, add some grain of salt xD

Most important things are basic idea. If I'm going to replicate this, I will remove entire top water. Because I use 90C PW for all my pincha.

My pepper farm issue is always keeping them hot enough without resorting to heaters, this hot water at top is a great idea, I think I have a geyser close that outputs hot water, could set it to run in the top and keep the plants hot enough while cooling down the water a bit at the same time 

50 minutes ago, Denisetwin said:

My pepper farm issue is always keeping them hot enough without resorting to heaters, this hot water at top is a great idea, I think I have a geyser close that outputs hot water, could set it to run in the top and keep the plants hot enough while cooling down the water a bit at the same time 

in one of my older builds I set up a battery bank for my power grid on top of the hydroponic tiles, seemed to keep them warm enough

Archived