The Future of Events

This isn't a thread about what I think the future events will be like (that's a whole other discussion entirely), but more about if and how they will be implemented into the game in the future.

What I want to know is if the events will ever be permanently implemented into the game in the future. I understand Klei is considering this, but I'm wondering how it would work. Could each event be selected off the main menu, so you can play them whenever you wish, or would it be more like how it occurs from a canonical story point of view (i.e. go through the motions of reactivating the ancient gateway, play the events in order, etc.)?

The second one doesn't make a whole lot of sense. For instance, if you had a dedicated server with ten people, you'd have to boot four off to play the Forge, and three more off after that to play the Gorge.

I realize probably Klei is so busy trying to crank out all of their stuff at the moment that this is the least of their problems, and I can understand that. I just love the events, and while waiting for them makes them 100x better, I feel like it would be a shame to lose them forever after their initial runs.

I for one would opt on a more canonical story view-point integration (going through Ancient Gateway after FW defeat) as you put it - seems more logical narrative-thread wise. About how you could achieve that (pop-ups, intermediate menu screens etc) remains debatable. As for server count, default non-dedicated servers have that 6-players-cap - you could argue all 6 (or less if they wish to) can go Forge arena, then the 6-people-team be divided in 2 for Gorge. In case of dedicated servers (8 slots and above), said dividing could occur before Forge start. Regarding future events...as always, we will see.

I doubt the mechanics will be fully implemented into the base game. For example, for the Forge I can see a few armors to get a few buffs to encourage their use over others (like grass armor giving a little speed boost, even if at the expense of damage resistance), but I dont see the cooldown mechanic of weapons coming. Or in the case of the Gorge, I do see them adding salt, salmon, and maybe the other 2 cooking stations, but not the sugarwood biome, farming (as much as it pains me), or trading/buying (though I might be wrong with that last one, as it is "technically" the same as crafting from the pseudo-science station or critter den).

13 minutes ago, pedregales said:

I doubt the mechanics will be fully implemented into the base game. For example, for the Forge I can see a few armors to get a few buffs to encourage their use over others (like grass armor giving a little speed boost, even if at the expense of damage resistance), but I dont see the cooldown mechanic of weapons coming. Or in the case of the Gorge, I do see them adding salt, salmon, and maybe the other 2 cooking stations, but not the sugarwood biome, farming (as much as it pains me), or trading/buying (though I might be wrong with that last one, as it is "technically" the same as crafting from the pseudo-science station or critter den).

I just want the new dishes. I mean have you seen how good it looks?! Mmm...makes me hungry just thinkin about it.

Archived