Gas valve bugged?

Hey guys,
Help me out here: im desperatly trying to change the flow-rate on a gas valve, but my dupes just dont follow the order. i have atleast 1 with max prio for everything, so it cant be that... ive been waiting for 20 cycles or more, nothing changed. hovering over it gives me the tool tip that there is a requested flow-rate.

or did something get an update which i totally missed out on?

Screenshot or save file please, we can't help you just by imagination

edit:

To test dupe reachable area: click on dupe -> click "move to" -> hover on area you want. If it white clickable then it is reachable, if it is red it is unreachable

Remember to set "toggle" as a high priority for relevant dupes. it wont interfere with most of their other priority tasks, and that guarantees that a dupe will be running for it soon after you change something in a valve. Else, you might be sitting there waiting for a looong time.

Yeah, the only time I've ever had to wait for a Dupe to adjust a valve is when I had a bunch of Sweep tasks to do. 

I set Toggle and Tidy to maximum priority in the Jobs priority screen (J is the shortcut key incase I'm misremembering the name of the window) and have never had a problem getting switches turned or valves adjusted. 

Remember that they choose what to do based on priority level, so if you have more than one activity at a high level for a dupe then you can't really control what the dupe chooses to do.

When I REALLY need something done RIGHT NOW, I take one of the dupes and turn off all activities except for the type I need done (usually either Care or Toggle) and if necessary then I also bump up the building's priority, but making sure the thing I want is the only thing the dupe is allowed to do usually takes care of it.

Yea guys, thanks for the help, i feel so utterly stupid. i thought the task was included in tidying or something, i did NOT realise that there was a special toggle prio. It has always worked for me not priorising toggle so i did not consider that.
Wow.

sorry:S

5 hours ago, Scylark92 said:

Yea guys, thanks for the help, i feel so utterly stupid. i thought the task was included in tidying or something, i did NOT realise that there was a special toggle prio. It has always worked for me not priorising toggle so i did not consider that.
Wow.

sorry:S

Don't be sorry. There are a lot of things in ONI that are easy to overlook. :D

Archived