Manual Generators Increase Athletics

15 minutes ago, Yunru said:

It just struck me that it's a little odd:

Dupes running about the base ferrying items will gain athletics, but dupes spending entire days in hamster wheels won't?

Now they require Tinkering for some reason. I am unsure, but Tinkering also doesn't level up (never checked).

One alternate suggestion would be to have the Tinkering skill provide additional watts on the manual genrator, like “400w + 20w per tinkering level”

I do make an assumption that duplicants have a maximum attribute level cap - does anyone know what that is?

If it is 20, then 400+20*20=800, doubling the original and matching other generators. This is a nice bonus, but leveling a dup to max tinkering would not be quick.

2 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

One alternate suggestion would be to have the Tinkering skill provide additional watts on the manual genrator, like “400w + 20w per tinkering level”

I do make an assumption that duplicants have a maximum attribute level cap - does anyone know what that is?

If it is 20, then 400+20*20=800, doubling the original and matching other generators. This is a nice bonus, but leveling a dup to max tinkering would not be quick.

But that does nothing for the suspension of disbelief, which is the main problem.

Also (via save editor) I've had dupes with over 200 in a skill and they still level up, so if there is a cap, it's either real high, or it's a level up cap, as apposed to a level cap.

15 hours ago, Yunru said:

It just struck me that it's a little odd:

Dupes running about the base ferrying items will gain athletics, but dupes spending entire days in hamster wheels won't?

15 hours ago, BlueLance said:

They used to. Must have changed :(

They did the last time I played. Can't imagine why it would have been changed.

Archived