Starving Dups eat first?

This may have been said already, but it's really frustrating when I am killing myself making food for this one starving Dup, and all the food gets eaten by Dup after Dup who rolls in with hungry status. It would be great to prioritize Starving people eat first instead of watching them die because they were too late to the chow line =)

I've had a dupe fetch food, drop it for some reason and before they could get it back some other dupe with plenty of calories in the tank snatches that mush bar. He was eating it in front of that dupe while they literally starved to death. I second this idea.

And I third.

At the very least, I whish starving duplicants themselves prioitized eating over other non essental things and didn't drop food on the floor because they suddeny felt ike doing a job at the other end of the base or because nightime just hit.

2 hours ago, Smuch said:

And I third.

At the very least, I whish starving duplicants themselves prioitized eating over other non essental things and didn't drop food on the floor because they suddeny felt ike doing a job at the other end of the base or because nightime just hit.

This. To me, it seems logical that one dupe wouldn't know another is starving. BUT, it also seems logical that if I was starving to death, I'd be focused on getting food and nothing else.

Self-preservation would be a handy priority to have in general, I think, as something you could prioritize over stress relief and other tasks. I've had dupes waste all of their time in the shower or using a massage table while starving to death.

3 hours ago, Planet Dave said:

Self-preservation would be a handy priority to have in general, I think, as something you could prioritize over stress relief and other tasks. I've had dupes waste all of their time in the shower or using a massage table while starving to death.

doors. you need doors.

If food is really missing, maybe it could be fun to have SOME duplicants having  'selfish' personlity trait that make them rush too food in case f food shortage whil othrs couldhave an altruist trait leaving them to eat last. (Also that would be some a nice example of raits that affect dupes behaior rather than just moving stats around)

But one problem to be fixed then is that the game doesnt' recognize Potential food.

So if you have like a hundred mealice or gristle berries plant all ready to be harvested, it'll still cry to food shortage. And it would be more frustrating to have Duplicants break in fight an starve to death where you have like foo ready to be harvstd JUST right next to them.

Archived