Attack period

Unsure if this is the correct place to ask this question - sorry if it's not.

Is the attack period for a NPC to attack in seconds? for example - http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Beefalo#DST

It says the Beefalo's attack period is '4', is that in seconds? so if I hit a beefalo as many times as I could in 4 seconds then walked away it would attempt to attack me?

Also, when you have multiple food items such as eggs, it says on the forums that an egg spoils in 10 day. If you have multiple of the same item does the perish time stack, so having 2 eggs would make it 20 days or?

I'm pretty new to the game

4 hours ago, brandun said:

Also, when you have multiple food items such as eggs, it says on the forums that an egg spoils in 10 day. If you have multiple of the same item does the perish time stack, so having 2 eggs would make it 20 days or

Not sure about the attack period thing but when you stack a spoilable item, it simply adds some freshness (fills up the green meter slightly) but the maximum spoil time stays the same. Which means that if you have a near-rotten berry and keep picking berries off bushes the stack will eventually become spoiled, stale, and then fresh.
It's also worth noting that cooking any food will make the cooked version fresh no matter it's previous spoilage. This also applies to crockpots (i.e. you can make fresh jam with 4 spoiled berries)

As for freshness, I believe it just takes the weighted average.  So if you add a fresh berry to 10 stale berries, all you'll achieve is making the fresh berry stale.  Cooking reduces the amount of freshness that has expired by half.

8 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

It's also worth noting that cooking any food will make the cooked version fresh no matter it's previous spoilage. This also applies to crockpots (i.e. you can make fresh jam with 4 spoiled berries)

Not entirely fresh, though. Make bacon & eggs with near-spoiled ingredients and the resulting dish will not have a full green meter

Archived