Opinions on the ancient fuelweaver on PS4?

So yesterday I decided to go and gear up and actually attempt to solo the ancient fuelweaver.

I went and got through the aitrium (I’m Webber so it was really easy) and overall I had minimal issues with the first phase of the weaver, but my problem lies in the second phase, or more specifically, the weather pain.

The weather pain does work in console and will kill the woven shadows. However, the problem is that if it is currently targeting anything that is closer (like an ancient statue, the gateway, etc.) it won’t allow you to cast the weather pain. This allows it to pretty easily recover a lot of health from the woven shadows, especially due to how on console the targeting makes it hard to hit the small shadows compared to the large weaver.

Is there a fix that could be made? I was thinking automatically snapping to weaver when he’s in range would be an OK solution.

Also (because even with all the shenanigans I still killed him), is the thurible supposed to emit white smoke? I found it interesting. I kind of like it, too.

yah i tried duo recently ( and failed with tons of gear lol) and yes it's pretty tricky targeting with the weather pain, but also makes it harder that it auto targets fuelweaver when you are near so if hes making the shield you can't kill nearby little foes nor the hands that makes the shield. maybe if those little ones and hands had some sort of preference when targeting over the fuelweaver and especially over  the gate etc could be smoother? i dont know

The same kinda goes for toadstool! You cant use any weather pains. We tried using fire staffs but even that was hard to pull off. In normal DS it's at least a little easier to target things. Maybe devs can take that system and integrate it to dst?

I've never really tried using the Weather Pain as everybody says you have to be standing almost directly on the thing your trying to target, so i figured what's the point.

The targeting in this game is probably the biggest detractor, when i'm fighting Nightmare Creatures it constantly goes for the Crawling Horror instead of the Terrorbeak which drives me insane(sorry for the pun).

The same can be said for cleaning a Tooth Trap area, it can take half a day trying to pick up the items. My suggestion would be to put a new craftable item in the game. I'd put it in the Magic tab, make it look something like the Night Lights. Once four of them are placed around a Tooth Trap area Tooth Traps can no longer be picked up, making collecting the items quick and easy. I'd also say make it so you can toggle the border on and off so in the event that you actually wanted to pick up the Tooth Traps you could. In my mind this should work as it gives X a single function rather then multiple functions.

On May 4, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Ryanthewolf9461 said:

The same kinda goes for toadstool! You cant use any weather pains. We tried using fire staffs but even that was hard to pull off. In normal DS it's at least a little easier to target things. Maybe devs can take that system and integrate it to dst?

I actually used weather pain both times i killed misery toadstool solo. I also used flingo method, so i couldn't always use weather pain for each tree, but i used pick/axe which takes chops to 11 i believe instead of 15 which is pretty useful.

Im not a ruins kind of guy I know the best loot is down there but everyone I play with bails on me half way through complaining about sanity and begging me to come back with them.... I just havent had the luck to find anybody good to play with

i managed to kill him with my friend today, and yeah the smoke is white to me too.

after some rollbacks we decided to change roles ( i was using the nightmare amulets to break the shield and he was using weather pains to kill little foes) i found it easier to use weatherpain  than aiming to the shadow hands btw i dont know how he managed but i just cant aim the hands when any mob nearby or fuelweaver makes that shield

On 10/5/2018 at 1:44 AM, GetRektKids said:

Im not a ruins kind of guy I know the best loot is down there but everyone I play with bails on me half way through complaining about sanity and begging me to come back with them.... I just havent had the luck to find anybody good to play with

add me if u want, am not amazing but ill be happy to help all i can, im pebrot-i-tonyina

On 5/11/2018 at 4:24 AM, Pebrot said:

i managed to kill him with my friend today, and yeah the smoke is white to me too.

after some rollbacks we decided to change roles ( i was using the nightmare amulets to break the shield and he was using weather pains to kill little foes) i found it easier to use weatherpain  than aiming to the shadow hands btw i dont know how he managed but i just cant aim the hands when any mob nearby or fuelweaver makes that shield

add me if u want, am not amazing but ill be happy to help all i can, im pebrot-i-tonyina

Got it! I will add you I'll probably play this weekend! Thanks for the reply!

On ٣‏/٥‏/٢٠١٨ at 2:26 PM, Maxil20 said:

So yesterday I decided to go and gear up and actually attempt to solo the ancient fuelweaver.

I went and got through the aitrium (I’m Webber so it was really easy) and overall I had minimal issues with the first phase of the weaver, but my problem lies in the second phase, or more specifically, the weather pain.

The weather pain does work in console and will kill the woven shadows. However, the problem is that if it is currently targeting anything that is closer (like an ancient statue, the gateway, etc.) it won’t allow you to cast the weather pain. This allows it to pretty easily recover a lot of health from the woven shadows, especially due to how on console the targeting makes it hard to hit the small shadows compared to the large weaver.

Is there a fix that could be made? I was thinking automatically snapping to weaver when he’s in range would be an OK solution.

Also (because even with all the shenanigans I still killed him), is the thurible supposed to emit white smoke? I found it interesting. I kind of like it, too.

I agree too hard to kill fuelweaver either alone or with friends! I’ve been trying for almost a year now can’t even get close to kill him. So i went the other way to kill him with a lure plant and actually it makes it really easy, dont recommend it to you if you wanna play fare. It counts as a glitch, but it’s the easiest way to kill him, dont mind it tho due to the hard way that I’m supposed to do it :(

Fuelweaver is very hard. I tried it on my summer only server solo. I couldn't kill it even with 40 gunpowder and rock lobsters. Continuously summer mean I can't get ice, walrus tusks, down feathers, deerclops eyeballs, so I can't make flingos, walking canes, lazy explorers, weather pains, houndious shootius etc. The fight was virtually impossible on console, but even on pc impossible with my skill level.

I'm going to kill it on my new server wi Wigfrid solo and disappointingly I will be using 40 gunpowder to start the fight to make it easier. I will try to kill fuelweaver again legit solo without the gunpowder later. Try the following items and u should be able to kill fuelweaver with Wolfgang fairly easily. 40 gunpowder to start the fight will take 1/2 fuelweaver hp (8000hp damage). Bee queen crown, thuelicite crowns, marble suits or thuelicite suits, thuelicite clubs, lazy explorers, weather pains, nightmare amulet and magiluminecence (optional), at least 20 jerky and 6 or more jellybeans. 

Light the gunpowder and animate fuelweaver straight away. The gunpowder should take half fuelweavers 16k hp down to 8000hp. Tank fuelweaver with the thuelicite club, wearing the bee queen crown and marble suit or thuelicite suit. Switch to the thuelicite crown when fuelweaver attacks and back to BQ crown straight after attack. The BQ crown will keep ur sanity going up, and switching to the thuelicite crown will occasionally block all damage and stop the BQ crown from taking damage. The chest armor will also split damage and preserve durability on the thuelicite crown and BQ crown. Thuelicite club does good damage 59 I think, plus spawns small tentacle that do extra damage which is good when tanking. Also thuelicite club has no sanity drain like when using a dark sword, plus 10% movement speed boost. The jerky heals 20hp and gives a 15 sanity boost plus a little hunger, good to keep Wolfgang mighty, healed up and high sanity. Using jerky instead of green and blue caps means u only need to eat 1 food instead of 2 reducing one of the fights complications. Eat a jelly bean when needed. This also simplifies the fight a little. I like to focus on the grubs/minions fuelweaver spawns next and kill the invisible shield hands after. Each one she eats heals 400hp I think. U can't afford to let fuelweaver eat too many of them. Use lazy explorer, weather pains and kill all grubs minions. Now focus on the invisible hands switch between magi and nightmare amulet to kill hands hitting them with either lazy explorer or thuelicite club, using lazy explorer when necessary. Now simply rinse and repeat. Wolfgang does very high damage so it shouldn't take long to kill. 

Personally I find ps4 DST very lagy in comparison to pc version. This method of killing fuelweaver is a little noobish with no kitting at all but im ok with it considering the weather pain is so broken, and the game is so buggy and lagy. I find it's basically impossible to play with the same skill level as pc players on console so I've sadly learnt to compromise. This fight is the most complicated fight in DST that's why I've tried to simplify it a little. Killing invisible shadow hands with the thuelicite club is a waste of durability, but it saves switching between different items. There is a lot going on in this fight. On console is extremely hard or near impossible switch quickly between magi, nightmare amulet, lazy explorer weapon etc. This fight does require a lot of practice.

Hopefully this helps Diego. Good luck .

P.S. I have started a bug report a while ago about the weather pains. As I said the boomerang and blow darts work as ranged weapons but the weather pain doesn't? I haven't noticed the weather pain targeting the wrong object myself. Please check out the report and support the complaint, report, BUG. This issue will only get resolved if we make some noise and get the devs attention. I'm doubtful it will get fixed, but it certainly never will if we don't bring it to the devs attention.

I also tryed him duo with tons of gears, lots of pains beequeen crowns and such, still hard af, could not do him. Also agreed with the lag part, whe tryed adding more people to increase our chances, but lag was to big of a setback with 3-4 people. We just gave up on him

Archived