Water through walls glitch

So I was playing the Rancher Mk2 build and have a base where my clean water cistern is directly above my polluted water cistern.  Ran into a glitch that I could not reproduce where the clean water just started seeping through the tile above the deodorizer as though there was no tile there.  I had to destroy the tile and rebuild it to stop the leaking.  This issue did not occur immediately upon loading either.  I was about 10 cycles into this play session.

Initially I just ignored it and set up a filter to pump the clean water back up, certainly a nuisance, but no biggy, I'd set my other plans back a few cycles while they ran in the Hamster Wheels to get it sorted.

...And then I had my first run in with Food Poisoning as an epidemic.  Twenty some odd play-throughs and never had an issue with food poisoning before.  But since at this point I am relying on Liceloaf to meet my food requirements while transitioning to mid-game.  Because of this glitch where water just leaked through the floor, I am fighting through a death spiral as my dupes start getting too sick to generate electricity for my Oxygen production.

WallLeakGlitch.PNG

2 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Are you sure it's not the Bottle Emptier in the lower room?  Is it set for only P-H2O?

That bottle emptier is configured for pH2O only.  The clean water was pooled up on top of the airflow tile.  The clean water cistern was drained out.

19 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

the deodorizer broke the tile above it by replacing its material with O2, I have had this happen before.  File a bug report, include your save file for the devs.to see.

This!

just realize now it was the deodorizer who broke my high pressure natural gas tank and ruined my base :(

Just now, Exa said:

This!

just realize now it was the deodorizer who broke my high pressure natural gas tank and ruined my base :(

The same counts for PO, when it emitts.. You can watch the bubbles go through the tiles, but has higher range then deodorizer..

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

The same counts for PO, when it emitts.. You can watch the bubbles go through the tiles, but has higher range then deodorizer..

That's just a graphical effect. What's happening is the underlying tile material is being deleted. You can manually create the same effect in debug mode be digging out an constructed tile. I don't know what causes the bug but the graphical effect of offgassing water isn't it. The off gassing itself might do it but that is in no functional way related to the animation.

7 hours ago, Kabrute said:

the deodorizer broke the tile above it by replacing its material with O2, I have had this happen before.  File a bug report, include your save file for the devs.to see.

Does it matter that the tile was still there graphically?

@Oozinator is right. When I've dug vacuum channels I've had off-gassing PO2 show up from stuff underneath my digging zone. Imagine tile, two empty spaces, and a tile, all in vacuum. The bottom tile has O2 and debris sitting underneath it. Kept drawing the tube down to vacuum, but kept getting more PO2 slipping past material.

Also, I've found if you use the debug tools for building, you can 'dig out' the contents of a built tile.  Basically, your wall becomes air even though it is still there.  

I've also gotten water to leak through walls by using debug to build a wall in the liquid, then digging out the area outside the wall.

I noticed if you're compressing water by building air tiles and eventually get down to one or two tile space for the water to stay in, on game load some will leak out from the side and stop. I had to add some additional tiles to the side so it would stop happening

3 hours ago, eggsvbacon said:

I noticed if you're compressing water by building air tiles and eventually get down to one or two tile space for the water to stay in, on game load some will leak out from the side and stop. I had to add some additional tiles to the side so it would stop happening

Compressing water?  No.  The only air tiles are to loft the deodorizer into the air to be more effective against pO2 and to allow any CO2 build up an easier escape as the H2O level rises.  The remaining tiles are solid or mesh.

1 hour ago, kylebrolafski said:

Compressing water?  No.  The only air tiles are to loft the deodorizer into the air to be more effective against pO2 and to allow any CO2 build up an easier escape as the H2O level rises.  The remaining tiles are solid or mesh.

My response is mentioning another situation in which you may experience leaking. Airflow tiles currently don't break against over pressure with water. Not specifically directed at your set up, was just a mention.

Archived