2 carbon dioxide vents

other than going crazy on slicker stables, what could I use 2 co2 vents for, they are almost right beside each other and also beside a nullifier.

actually beside 2 nullifiers. this is also at the top of the map, the special blocks are only a few tiles higher than this.

image.thumb.png.8f511bf9543366671105514753b4f825.png

Just now, Man in the Mist said:

Mushrooms also need a CO2 environment, and you could use Carbon Scrubbers to make polluted water.

but mushrooms dont consume co2 so wouldent the vents be overkill?

ya PW could be handy, but i would need to supply clean water in first :(

11 hours ago, Man in the Mist said:

You could make a loop with a few skimmers and a water sieve.  With enough sand you could end up with a lot of polluted dirt.

other than compost what would I do with all this stinky dirt?

i was looking online and it said if you put co2 and liquid iron together it makes steel.

could this work with 2 co2 geysers?

Just now, MythN7 said:

other than compost what would I do with all this stinky dirt?

i was looking online and it said if you put co2 and liquid iron together it makes steel.

could this work with 2 co2 geysers?

Feed it to hatches or put it in a room with pufts and start a slime farm.

Just now, Kroning said:

PW->Fertilizer->Nat gas->Nag gen->Power

ya but to convert it to PW you need an equal amount of clean water to start your scrubbers

also, i have a slush geyser and chlorene geyser and nat gas geyser ive found so far. for clean water all ive found is a single cool steam vent.

Just now, Neotuck said:

Seems like slickster ranching is your best bet.  Usually I consider CO2 vents "junk vents"

Ya, or I could maybe do a dig up the world to open space and let the bottom fill up so the rest of the gas pushes to the ceiling?

Then use scrubbers to maintain that height?

I would say you found the slickster cornucopia, raise them molten slicksters and get yourself a good flow of petrol going, which you can use as power and it will produce more pH2O for you. Not to mention omelettes for breakfast, lunch and desert. ;)

I wish I had a CO2 vent in my current map, sadly, this is not the case, my slicksters are going very very hungry.

3 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

I would say you found the slickster cornucopia, raise them molten slicksters and get yourself a good flow of petrol going, which you can use as power and it will produce more pH2O for you. Not to mention omelettes for breakfast, lunch and desert. ;)

I wish I had a CO2 vent in my current map, sadly, this is not the case, my slicksters are going very very hungry.

ya when ever i try they eat the co2 so dam fast, its like they eat whats aval even if they not hungry.

but there's so much oil at the bottom, i honestly never have even come close to even needing to think about slickers for oil.

and for eggs. I usually go with 3 full hatch stables to kill all my huge tonnage of junk minerals, and to make me lots of coal for vitamins and coal power.

in all honestly other than the metal ones i have yet to even find a setup that makes  them even worth the effort.

the leaky oil, took complex steps so I could cool it down to a pump-able temp, then when i did get it going, the machines were idle for so long since the output per sec was a joke for how much petrol you need for power / or plastic.

same goes for the gas ones. they produce so little and on a dormant timer now, and usually the gas you want to put in a machine is so hot it breaks your pumps.

I think these geysers are still a major work in progress / concept stage of game balance.

im gonna use the nearby nullifier to liquefy the co2 and see what happens when i use it as coolant for the refinery, or spill it on top of t he active iron volcano

Molten slicksters make petrol, so you don't need to refine it, also it means you effectively make twice as much petrol from 1 molten slickster as you make from a regular one, as they make crude oil, which halves when refined. I've never had a problem with oil shortage either, as I have a rather large ( ahem.. 72 tamed + 30 wild ) slickster farm on my current base, primariy for the eggs to make omelettes.
The biggest benefit of the molten ones, is that you don't need to have any dupes refining crude oil into petrol, you can just get the good stuff immediately and constantly, so once you got a decent ranch of them going, you can power petrol power stations with them, for 2000 ( +1000 with microchip ) watts of powery goodness, which gives you free pH2O as well.

When I started those ranches, I thought.. I'll just get a few.. and before I knew it, I suddenly had 6 ranches.. then 9.. not quite sure what came over me there.

I wouldn't liquefy the CO2 to use as coolant though, as CO2 is not very heat conductive. But if you have a liquid CO2 geyser, use the cold, and send it down to the slicksters. If you have an AETN, use something like a hydrogen circulation system to make cooling, as hydrogen is far more heat conductive.

I am still on ranchin Mark I. But The co2 vent on Mark I is totally useless. Need very good Air insulation on your airlock or it leaks heat. IT barely feeds 2-3 slicksters and you need to provide outside co2 For when the vent is off. And we have about 700litres of oil after around 200 cycles. The heat is not an issue due to slicksters being absurdly good at heat deletion (oil comes out at 76degrees). I would not dig them out in hindsight.

Archived