Wheeze wart farming

12 minutes ago, ImpalerWrG said:

NO, it would basically eliminate heat management as an even remotely relevant part of the game.

I agree, no matter how much it would cost in time / effort / resources, creating more wheeze worts means you magicly increase the amount of heat you can destroy indefinitely in any place you want. Heat management is one of the few endgame dangers that still exist and one you have to watch out for always, as it's a slow killer, having this become trivial with infinite worts would be terrible for the game.

1 hour ago, suicide commando said:

I agree, no matter how much it would cost in time / effort / resources, creating more wheeze worts means you magicly increase the amount of heat you can destroy indefinitely in any place you want. Heat management is one of the few endgame dangers that still exist and one you have to watch out for always, as it's a slow killer, having this become trivial with infinite worts would be terrible for the game.

To be fair, using the AETN to cool hydrogen and radiate that through your base is really easy for cooling. Especially now with the new piping.
So, I honestly, don't see at as a huge problem especially if they aren't easy to get. 

30 minutes ago, TheExceed said:

To be fair, using the AETN to cool hydrogen and radiate that through your base is really easy for cooling. Especially now with the new piping.
So, I honestly, don't see at as a huge problem especially if they aren't easy to get. 

Making those setups can be a hassle though, a lot more recourses and time instead of popping wheezeworts in plant pots all around your base

37 minutes ago, gary9996 said:

Making those setups can be a hassle though, a lot more recourses and time instead of popping wheezeworts in plant pots all around your base

But their addition made wheezeworts not the only way to delete heat. From what I have seen, more wheezeworts spawn now anyway and no one has complained but the suggestion for renewable wheezeworts is "absurd".

Just now, TheExceed said:

But their addition made wheezeworts not the only way to delete heat. From what I have seen, more wheezeworts spawn now anyway and no one has complained but the suggestion for renewable wheezeworts is absurd.

I fully agree renewable wheezeworts is absurd, I thought you meant you wanted more

The only way I would approve of this is if the following conditions were needed.

• Requires 100 cycles
  • Cannot be fertilised
  • If the plants conditions are no met at any given time it withers and requires you to start again with a new seed
  • Requires a very strict temperature range
  • Is fed Ice as its food source
  • Requires Hot water as its water source (This stimulates the plant to absorb heat and cool it)

I think with those it could be rather fair, You are risking a seed to possibly get another since the seed chance is not 100%. It cannot be sped up, so it is a 100 cycle commitment. The hot water and Ice both influence the temperature of the plant/surroundings which is risky because if you do not balance it the plant will wither resulting in the loss of a wheezewort.

This way it is more like a bulb than a seed, if a bulb has enough energy it can split etc, and if not it will go dormant or die.

Archived