Slime management

I have been playing for quite some time but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Has anyone tried placing bleach stone in a storage container then fill it with slime?

I found this one out during observation of a slime locker and it reported, slime dying off due to chlorine. I had no chlorine near the storage container but yet the germ count was diminishing rather rapidly.  I examined what was in it and concluded it was the bleach stone.

The only issue now though is the storage container constantly emits polluted oxygen, which can be solved by placing a deodorizer nearby.

Another observation is that, if you submerge the container, the bleach stone no longer kills of the germs.  I was trying to come up with a way to conserve the bleach stone since it was finite but thanks to the squeaky puff that no longer a problem.

About 20kgs of bleach stone lasts about 100 cycles, too bad you cannot allocate x room in  a storage container for one material, and the rest can be anything.

Step 1: make a water storage area

Step 2: build some algae distillers on top of it

Step 3: put some storage in the water tank and mark organic (polluted dirt + algae + slime + rotten food)

Step 4: put storage compactors on priority 9

It's as simple as that.

What I've been doing is building a water locked room with some storage containers and then dropping some bleachstone in to offgas until the chlorine is at 1800g then storing the slime in there.  No more offgassing of chlorine or po2 and quickly kills germs leaving slime that's safe to use

Putting it in Bleach Stone works... sticking it into a chlorine biome typically works better. :)  Most of my storage areas end up there anyway because it's reasonably safe to work in for dropping off stuff and I typically need a lot of space outside my base.

However, as mentioned, the easiest way to keep slimelung from invading your base with slime is a water locker.  Points if as @Kabrute mentioned you keep it really cold to kill the slimelung, though it's typically not required.

7Ue9Vs6.jpg

Archived