load hatch into the treadmill (aka hamster wheel)

I prefer the earlier idea of having a new critter.  It should actually looks like some kind of furry sausage maybe with antenna on the both ends so you cant tell which end is the front.  The Hatches already have their making coal thing, they don't need another trick.

On 4/13/2018 at 6:22 PM, MythN7 said:

could make it so the critter can be put into the tread mill.

it would have the critter burn off cal way faster than normal, and not gen as much power as a dup can, but could be neat feature.

I love this and it would be hilarious. Make them produce 100W each or so.

5 hours ago, scientas said:

Put them in a tank with wires coming off of them?

that would be a completely different of handling a critter than with other critters. In my opinion "stations" (such as a hamster wheel) that critters can temporarily use are fine. A new device such as an aquarium does not really fit.

An aquarium would be more of a room type. But how would you integrate the plug in that room? Is the entire room unter constant voltage?

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

that would be a completely different of handling a critter than with other critters. In my opinion "stations" (such as a hamster wheel) that critters can temporarily use are fine. A new device such as an aquarium does not really fit.

An aquarium would be more of a room type. But how would you integrate the plug in that room? Is the entire room unter constant voltage?

Water conducts electricity, so you'd really just need some kind of a 1 way input in the water with the eel. Like an underwater tesla coil/lightning rod.

Your suggestions are not exactly far fetched, but you are not realizing that you are not suggesting a new animal. You are suggesting an entirely new subsystem.

It might be for good or for bad, but you have to realize that it is not "just one animal that generates electricity".

How would dupes interact with electrified water? What happens if the water drips to a different body of water? Do metal/ore tiles conduct electricity? Does the water act as a battery (hold a certain capacity) or a wire (simply transmitting the power).

On 4/14/2018 at 3:30 PM, TheExceed said:

electric eel in the aquatic animal section

I’m pretty sure there’s is an electric worm or animal of some type in the source code. So yeah, I think it is a distinct possibility we’ll have an creature source of electricity.

3 hours ago, blash365 said:

Your suggestions are not exactly far fetched, but you are not realizing that you are not suggesting a new animal. You are suggesting an entirely new subsystem.

It might be for good or for bad, but you have to realize that it is not "just one animal that generates electricity".

How would dupes interact with electrified water? What happens if the water drips to a different body of water? Do metal/ore tiles conduct electricity? Does the water act as a battery (hold a certain capacity) or a wire (simply transmitting the power).

They would take damage, prolonged contact causes a stunned debuff, similar to the fatigue. The electricity would not flow to the new source of water. Although with their buggy tile system, might get some interesting exploits.
Metal tiles and structures touching the water would conduct electricity and get heated up and damage dupes without atmo suits.
Can be conducted through tiles using certain resource (really minimally) and then none through obsidian/abyssalite.
There would be a new power cable buoy added that would be placed in the water to conduct the electricity from the eels.
A new structure, like a water tank wouldn't be a bad idea for them though. Catching them would be difficult.

Archived