Unlimited power from slush

Found a cold slush geyser not far from my base and it outputs 9.8 Kg/s

So I spent all night building a fertilizer synthesizer / natural gas power generator and getting about 8KW

(could get more as my fertilizer synthesizers are emitting more gas than I need)

And I left plenty of room at the bottom of the slush tank for aquatuners :D 

20180408071637_1.thumb.jpg.fcdaa5fafbb1913842d673572138e2f5.jpg

1 minute ago, travaldofan said:

FIY if you use mechanized door in middle of the fertilizer synthesizer you don't have to build lot of sweeper and receptacle

that uses a lot of dupe time, I like using sweepers

The doors are nice, I almost never think of them as a horizontal building tool, so when I built something like this I used 5 fertilizers on 2 floors around one sweeper.

As I final touch I would put timer and a buffer and hook the doors to it for full automation.

10 minutes ago, Vilda said:

As I final touch I would put timer and a buffer and hook the doors to it for full automation.

I do have a timer right here.  No need for a buffer the 0.7% duration keeps the doors open long enough

time.png.f93f15ebacdcb59597cd94abe754b38b.png

8 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Average over all the time including dormant period? If yes, lucky you. My slush has 14.7 kg/s eruptions but "only" averages to 1.2 kg/s. It's still extremely useful, though.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Average over all the time including dormant period? If yes, lucky you. My slush has 14.7 kg/s eruptions but "only" averages to 1.2 kg/s. It's still extremely useful, though.

I'll have to check the math next time I log in, at the moment my fertilizer synthesizers use 3kg/s and that seems to drop the PW lvl after a few dozen cycles

Slush gysers are amazing :)  I have 3 on my current map, more then enough to be water positive near cycle 1000. and they provide most of the cooling i need. Also have a co2 geyser, but its a really bad one. Cant complain tho.

Just in case someone is interested in exploring the possibilities, seed is 532916490

11 hours ago, Neotuck said:

So I spent all night building a fertilizer synthesizer / natural gas power generator and getting about 8KW

(could get more as my fertilizer synthesizers are emitting more gas than I need)

And I left plenty of room at the bottom of the slush tank for aquatuners :D 

20180408071637_1.thumb.jpg.fcdaa5fafbb1913842d673572138e2f5.jpg

Why so many auto batteries for the nat gas generators? Why not just run the whole thing off one?

The "floor door" thing always seemed odd to me and didn't feel right.  And I mean specifically when it is holding up a machine.

As I understand it,  there are rules in place for it as a game mechanic.   If the door is closed,  the building above is hunky-dory and the door is essentially a floor.  And if the door is open,  the building acts like the foundation is missing afaik...

Well I guess I just need to deal with it,  and start using it in that way.   Cause it looks like it would save me a lot of hassle with a few of my building projects and I need all the shortcuts I can find.

11 hours ago, Kasuha said:

Using @R9MX4 sheet the max average for slush geyser is 7.4kg/s. 

The two i have on my map add up to less than 2kg/s.

Archived