Help a new player

I played this game like 2 years ago. Started a new game. Got 10 duplicates. Reseach almost everything. Suddenly I noticed I have no water left. Steam geyser producing much less water then I expected. On top of that, I have only 2 cycles algae left, I can see some contaminated on the map, that all.

Basically, I have 2 cycles oxygen and water left. How to recover?

I Can Try to get polluted water, filter it and send to oxygen generator. Water itself does not have germs but in contact with germ infected slime and algae. Will that work? Or I will die from the disease? Temporary interruption of water availability for 3 cycles already spread food poison all over my base. I open new source, but it has very little water. My dups on 90% immunity.

What other options I have if any?

Polluted water-->Water Sieve-->Water-->Electrolyzer-->Oxygen

If your water is infected, you would better one more step to kill germ before sending it to Electrolyzer:

Water (with germ)-->Liquid tepidizer-->Water (hot but no germ)

But this extra step is time consuming, i'm afraid you don't have enough time to achieve it before running out of your oxygen. So may be you have to ignore germ and take a risk. Good luck.

39 minutes ago, Mutineer said:

Water itself does not have germs but in contact with germ infected slime and algae.

Being in contact with those tiles won't infect the water, those should be safe to use.

2 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Polluted water-->Water Sieve-->Water-->Electrolyzer-->Oxygen

If your water is infected, you would better one more step to kill germ before sending it to Electrolyzer:

Water (with germ)-->Liquid tepidizer-->Water (hot but no germ)

But this extra step is time consuming, i'm afraid you don't have enough time to achieve it before running out of your oxygen. So may be you have to ignore germ and take a risk. Good luck.

air borne food poisoning does nothing. so it is fine to directly pump into electrolyzer

4 hours ago, Mutineer said:

What other options I have if any?

There's always the option of failing and having to start over. Failure is a great teacher. And I'm serious, I'd bet more or less all of us have been there.

The polluted water next to the slime should be fine to use, just check it in the germ overlay to make sure, but usually they don't have germs in the actual water.

Sounds like in the short-term you need to go on a water hunting digging adventure. In the longer term you need to find ways to reclaim your water or reduce how much water you spend.

As for algae, if you haven't explored much of the map, go exploring and look out for big chunks of it in the purple biome, germ free and ready to use. You can mine it from slime biomes but its gonna be full of germs, so you need ore scrubbers and dupe friendly decontamination or exosuits to avoid getting slimelung.

The only issue you might have taking P-H2O from the Swamp Biome is any tiles of Slime you dig out.  They will be full of huge quantities of Slimelung, which will turn lethal if your Dupes don't get medical attention.  And as the Slimelung overpopulates on the natural Slime blocks, it will then spread to it's 4 neighboring blocks, resulting in very large areas of the Swamp Biome being a danger zone.

Good news is that Slimelung is only dangerous if inhaled.  So if you build enough Deodorizers, you will greatly reduce the chances of contracting Slimelung.  You could also fill a Compactor with Bleach Stone, and let it turn into Chlorine right where you are digging.  This will begin killing the germs on any surface surrounded by it.

Maybe 1 year ago, A lot of changes. When I played there was no sickness, no water hand pumps. Dups simply used there multitool to pick up water. There a lot of new buildings, I definitely played a long time ago. 

I recover for a time by finding unpolluted algae, opening chlorine went and filling all infected space with chlorine, Dig up slime seems to get disinfected when stored in chlorine. Reduced water consumption so it now going down slow.

But I running into other problem, too much chlorine. What can I do with chlorine or I better wall of chlorine went off?

I check and I joined the forum IN July 2017. OK 9 month ago.

• July 11, 2017
  •  
  • July 11, 2017

Archived