Amount of Time: seven months

Person: Moondog
Adjective: fluffy
Creature (including, but not limited to, real-life animals): snarf
Colour: green
Noun: statue
Company or Brand Name: Coke

Heh.  Good stuff, guys.

Okay, this next one is kinda repetitive, but that's because it has lists.  It'll make sense in context--for a Mad Lib definition of "sense".  Anyway.

A Fantasy/Sci-Fi Race:  x 3  (we're nerds, this should be a fun chance to bust out our favourite other fandoms. ;))

An Occupation: x 3

An Abstract Noun:  x 3  (again, I refer you to this for examples if you can't think of any good ones off the top of your head)

Noun (normal one this kind)

Noun

Substance or Material

Amount of Money, Any Kind

GO!

...Notorious

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

A Fantasy/Sci-Fi Race:  x 3: Kajiit (from Skyrim)

An Occupation: x 3: Farmer, Laywer, Fast food worker.

An Abstract Noun:  x 3: n/a

Noun: Vending Machine

Noun: Rat

Substance or Material: silk 

Amount of Money: three pennies

Okay...hate to be a nudge, but the reason I had "x 3" there was that I actually needed 3 of each of those things.  Or, three ALTOGETHER from three different people, whatever.  Also, Geni, if you look above I linked a great place to find abstract nouns. There's a lot of stuff there that could be fun in a Mad Lib, trust me.  :)

I do actually know what a Kajiit is, though!  Heh.  "Stitchpunk" (looks it up) oh, THAT'S what that is.  I was kinda close, I was guessing kind of a rag-doll cloth person like Sally from "Nightmare Before Christmas" (or the Patchwork Girl from the Oz books, WAY earlier--written in the 1900's).  I haven't actually seen "9" though I thought it looked cool from the trailers, so...

...Notorious

Vessel  Creepcake  Chasmfiend

Candle maker  Chef  Computer (Yes, computer was once a job. It's was someone who, well... computed things)

Ego  Stupidity  Wit

Hook

Ghost

Plasma

3 Emerald Broams

Yep, I knew that, Xedlord.  Similarly, a "typewriter" was a person who _used_ one, not just the machine.  :)

OKAY! We're finally past the annoying part of the Mad Lib.  Thanks, guys, for putting up with me.  Next up, I need:

Name

Adjective

Noun

Noun

Type of Creature (real or fictional)

Famous Character/Celebrity

GO!

...Notorious

Heh.  I don't know what the fish did to deserve such an elaborate name, but it does occur to me that "Entropy" would be a great name for a cat.  :D

Anyway!  Next up, we have:

Fictional Character/Celebrity

Amount of Time

Verb

Substance

Amount of Weight

Substance

GO!

...Notorious

That's a DISTANCE!  C'mon, now, you're a good nerd.  You know this.

As for the substances, one of these days somebody _else_ will be doing a Mad Lib where I can join in, and I wanna put in like Azidoazide azide (which I think I spelled wrong) or something.  Just to see everybody look it up--or go running to that one Sci-Show video.  :)

"Here are some things that made it blow up:

Putting it in a spectrometer.

Turning the spectrometer _on_.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING--they put it in a temperature and vibration-controlled dark room in a sealed cannister, and it blew up.  I think somebody said something mean about it somewhere."

Basically it's the most reactive substance known. And it's a fun substance to put into a mad lib precisely _because_ it's obscure, and because anybody who even comes near the stuff will probably boom.

AAaanyway.  This is the last batch and then we're finally DONE and I hope it's funny enough.

Amount of Time (FOR REALSIES THIS TIME : P)

Food

Plural Noun

Liquid

Noun

There.  :)

...Notorious

Okay...here we go:  (winces)

"*Ducks* and *Dill Pickles*"

*Ducks* and *Dill Pickles* is a *fluffy* game in which a group of three to *six* people sit around a large *statue* and tell a story together. The referee is called the "*Duck* Master", or DM, and they tell the story while the other players say what they want their own characters to do. Depending on the rolls of the *cars*, these actions may or may not succeed.

D&D was first created *seven months* ago by *Snoop Dogg*, and has many variations, such as "*Fluffy* World", "*Snarf*Lance", "*Molten Orange* Hawk", and "Forgotten *Discs*". It is owned by *Coca-Cola*.

Characters can be races such as *Kajiit*, *Chasmfiend*, *Stitchpunk*, or others. Professions, or "classes", include *chef*, *lawyer*, and *candlemaker*. Character success is partially determined by attributes such as Strength, Constitution, *Ego*, Intelligence, *Coldness*, or *Disappointment*. The characters must fight horrible monsters like *rocks* or *vending machines* in order to rescue prisoners, gain experience, or (everybody's favourite) obtain huge amounts of *plasma*, at least *35 pesos*-worth.

Some characters can cast spells like "*Ellend Entropy Biraina*'s *Smooth* Meteors", which throws deadly *cups* at the enemy, or spells that can keep *pencils* from noticing you. Some characters can cast healing spells, or turn *cherubs*, and worship gods such as *Hulk Hogan* or *Chip Skylark*. Others can climb walls in only *7 years* and get a bonus to attack if they sneak up and *run* monsters in the knee. Still others have muscles like *sal ammoniac* but the brain of a turnip, and can lift huge, *1 ton* weights or bend bars made of *soap* without even trying.

Most ordinary gaming sessions of D&D last *13 fortnights*, and most gamers bring lots of snacks, such as *miso soup* or *fingernails*, and *bleach* to drink. Some players may be very annoying and make you want to shove a *beholder* down their throat, but in general, D&D is a fun game.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...this one's a bit niche and not one of my more general-topic ones, but I hope it's funny enough to work even for those who know nothing about D&D or tabletop RPG's in general. 

--The originals in the "many variations" part are "Hollow World", "DragonLance", "Greyhawk" and "Forgotten Realms".  Don't know how many of those are even remotely a thing; I wrote this a long-ass time ago. : P Also "seven months ago" HA, it's from like the early '70s. 

--It doesn't say which kind of "plasma" the adventurers all hope to loot--blood plasma, or the type that's the fourth state of matter and so hot that individual atoms aren't a thing anymore, like in the sun.  I'm imagining the second one, because trying to carry that home in your pocket or backpack might be interesting. XD

--"Ellend Entropy Biraina" almost COULD be a famous magic-user name in the D&D world...

--Turning _cherubs_ is especially funny considering they're kind of a type of angel and the original was about clerics, HOLY people, turning _undead_.

--I maintain that something like azidoazide azide would be hilarious in the "bend bars made of whatever" part.  : P

--That last part--ick! and...OOF, that's a bit close to home.  "Kill yourself, loser" + D&D nerd + internet memey "bleach" =....ow.  (winces)  Drano would've been the same thing, though, so...pick your poison.  LITERALLY!

(Also love that we managed to get an actual D&D monster in there at the very end, by accident.  Heh.)

...Notorious

Also, another random note:  The "fighting terrible monsters like rocks or vending machines"...I got the most random, obscure picture in my head from that.  Okay, so, I forget what her name is, but this one YouTuber did a "Hunger Games" with Disney princess characters, in Sims 3.  One of the deaths in Sims 3 involves a vending machine falling on the Sim who kicked it, if the random number turns out "right".

FOUND IT!  :)  Here's https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbs9XNZQjkobicPKOJTfodgt_q1GRbTNq the playlist if you want to see the rest of the chaos.  : P  (The actual vending machine part starts at around 17:30.)

So "fighting vending machines" gave me this WONDERFUL mental image of Disney princesses all lined up in a row, kicking vending machines one after the other like idiots...until finally WHAM! one of them is horribly crushed and we can move on to the next round.

XD

...Notorious

Archived