Tournament of Starvers

Hi, I have had this idea for a while and now decided to post it here. It's an idea if the DST characters had a tournament like in Dragon Ball super. I don't know how much of this is possible but it would be nice to have a big pvp community event.

How it works:

We have a a few teams, the fight to the death against eachother and when 1 or more from the same team wins the tournament ends. In DBS the teams that lost got erased and the prize was a wish. You could wish for anything you wanted(this was actually a test and if you wished for a selfish thing you and everything else would get erased). The fighters were not allowed to kill anyone. They could use energy weapons but not normal weapons like guns or swords. There was also a time limit and the team with the most survivors would win if there was more than 1 team left standing.

Players are should be able to choose between different items that gives different perks before the tournament starts.

Everyone that dies gets teleported to an area outside of the arena(or becomes spectators and can see what the others are doing).

Size of teams: Unknown.

Number of teams: Unknown. I would love if there was several teams maybe 6-10 teams. Depends a lot on how many players the servers can host. I think I saw it was possible for a server to have 60 players, more?

Servers: Unknown

Cost to enter: Unknown, Free? Or maybe a cheap item

Prize: Unknown. Possible different items that each players give if it is not free to enter.

Is it going to happend: Idk. I have never seen a team based event as a pvp before. The closest that comes is The Forge but that was against bots.

Please post your ideas. Changes can ofc happen so that we can improve of this idea.

I don't know how much dmg they do with their fists but maybe make it so that they do more dmg or else it can take a really long time?

Abilitiy ideas:

Spoiler

Sanity.

Immunity towards the sanity draining ability.

Can make others insane.

Makes you stronger

Can raise everyones sanity.

Shapeshifting/2nd chance

Turn player into a pig when he dies

Turns player into a small treeguard when he dies.

Hiding

Can disguise as a plant.

Fire

X% chance to burn players you hit for a few seconds.

Immune towards fire dmg

Item Spawning

Have the ability to spawn eyeplanets on a location.

Can spawn a mandrake once after every X number of seconds. 2 min and gives less hp?

Charge

Can charge towards other players, damaging them, can only do it once every few seconds and cant switch direction while charging.

Speed

Able to run faster for a short about of time.

Able to make others slower

Steal

Can steal other players abilities

Ice/Freeze

Can't freeze

Flight

Can fly for a short amount if time.

Invisibility

Can turn invisible for a few seconds.

Can attack while invisible.

Turn others invisible if they are close to the player.

Able to see invisible players.

Teleportation:

2 types. 1 for attack and 1 for escape. The one for attack forces you to attack the player you teleport to. The escape allows you to escape to a nearby player or somewhere on the arena.

Stun/Sleep

Ability to make someone sleep for a few seconds/stun other player.

Blind

Make someone blind for a few seconds.

Character specific

Wendy being able to spawn eyeplants

Wilson able to befriend pigs.

Rules:

Spoiler

1. Spectators are not allowed to hurt or move the players and they can not say where players are.

2. No healing items allowed other than perks.

3. If you are a ghost and has not teleported to an area outside of the arena you are not allowed to do anything.

4. You are not allowed to insult other players.

5. You are not allowed to make the game lag for anyone.

(More going to be added if anyone knows more good rules)

Because this tournament idea is based on one of the tournaments in Dragon Ball Super and because someone might say what happened during Dragon Ball Super I chose to add a spoiler tag.

In order to make the game lag less it's going to be on a small world, with no or few trees, boulders etc but the arena is going to be big. I can make different screenshots of how the arena could look like.

I might have forgotten a few things.

Anyone that has any questions?

I Dislike the "Skin Abilities" idea. As much as i love skin collecting and skins in general,They're meant to be PURELY cosmetic. Removing that would give an unfair advantage to people who have played the game for longer/have the money to buy skins, And some skins are event-exclusive,such as the Forge,so some people also won't have that. Maybe have items that to such things? Such as a box that gives you those halloween abilities (Ex: Wendy's eyeflower, Which lets her spawn eyeplants that are peacefull against Wendy & Abigail,And Anyone in her team. But it shouldn't be unlimited,It should have an X ammount of uses. I Think 10 is good.), And some just completely negate other's ability (If you have both a Roseate and a Triumphant in your team,Sanity is not an issue anymore.),Maybe implement the skin ideas WITHOUT the skins,and this could be a viable thing. If you are gonna rely on skin powerups, This will become a Pay-To-Win event-thingie,As people who don't have skins,Or just aren't into skins, Won't be able to get the benefits skin collectors like me, Or Richies who can buy all skins, Will get just by clicking an arrow. I'm not a big fan of PvP,But this sounds like a decent idea. You just really need to re-think the skins idea...

Spoiler

And Also,Giving away skins during those fights in the arena is also not a good solution,As it would give away not only the skins,but the joy of owning your skin,that you worked hard for,As everyone else can just get them with 0 to no effort, And i also doubt Klei would give away skins..

Even IF this was a mod,Giving away skins is also a major no-no,as they are meant to be rare items that can only be get through luck (or community market),My main reason to not be a big fan of this is the skin thing,as you may have noticed...

Spoiler

Also forgive my bad english it's not my mother language ;-;

Good points you have. It was just an idea that skins would have different abilities so that players could see what other players could do. It would be better now when I think of it if you could choose which item to use/eat before the tournament starts.

I did not mean that skins would be giving away during the fight but that players would could steal abilities would only take the abilities(somehow I forgot if the ability was on a skin then the player who would take the abilities from others would also need the skins)

I don't have a problem if they can use items that can do those things.

It was not the idea that Klei would do anything.

I'll update the post, thanks :D

Haven't read the whole thing because I'm not a fan of PVP anyway, but if something like this would happen they could just make the skins available for everyone that play in that tournament and only there. Just like they did with the Forge. You were able to use the forge skins without owning them, so that's not even a new thing here.

20 minutes ago, disies said:

Haven't read the whole thing because I'm not a fan of PVP anyway, but if something like this would happen they could just make the skins available for everyone that play in that tournament and only there. Just like they did with the Forge. You were able to use the forge skins without owning them, so that's not even a new thing here.

The Reason i didn't like that idea is because there were abilities for EVERY skin. Literally EVERY skin. You can't just give away ALL skins.

23 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Good points you have. It was just an idea that skins would have different abilities so that players could see what other players could do. It would be better now when I think of it if you could choose which item to use/eat before the tournament starts.

I did not mean that skins would be giving away during the fight but that players would could steal abilities would only take the abilities(somehow I forgot if the ability was on a skin then the player who would take the abilities from others would also need the skins)

I don't have a problem if they can use items that can do those things.

It was not the idea that Klei would do anything.

I'll update the post, thanks :D

Based on your Halloween ideas,Maybe make some items Characther-Exclusive? Such as Wendy's Eyeflower,As i previously mentioned. I'm sure that having some characther-specific perks and items would be nice,as long as they aren't overly unbalanced.

11 minutes ago, Mattyington said:

By the way,On Your Halloween ideas,Maybe make some items Characther-Exclusive? Such as Wendy's Eyeflower,As i previously mentioned. I'm sure that having some characther-specific perks and items would be nice,as long as they aren't overly unbalanced.

You mean so that a player that Wendy can use the flower to spawn the ghost? And that if there are 2 Wendy's and one of them die the 2nd Wendy can use both flowers?

It would be nice if there was character exclusive perks.

4 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

You mean so that a player that Wendy can use the flower to spawn the ghost? And that if there are 2 Wendy's and one of them die the 2nd Wendy can use both flowers?

It would be nice if there was character exclusive perks.

I Was talking about the Eyeplant power (Spawning Eyeplants), And by default each Wendy can only have one Abigail at a time,So..probably not? Let me give you an example of what i was thinking.

Wilson: Can craft an item that automatically befriends pigs,Or something related.

Willow: Can make a Staff that spawns 2 Lavae to help her fight,Or something related. 

Wolfgang:...I'm not quite sure, He is already OP enough as he is.

Wendy: Can acquire/Craft an item that spawns Eyeplants.

And so on,So on.  Maybe the items don't need to be based on the Halloween skins , But those are just my thoughts. If you still have any suggestions for characther specific powers/perks/craftables,Do post them.

My bad. I'm a bit tired. The steal ability came from the Krampus skin that Maxwell have and the rose collection gave me the idea for an ability to raise the sanity of the characters and the new spring skins(one of them a potato skin for WX) gave me the idea of how there could be invisible characters because they are "a part of nature" . I think the costumes are one thing to look at if one needs ideas.

7 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

It's an idea if the DST characters had a tournament like in Dragon Ball super.

I like how this thread is based off of something not everyone has seen. No attempt was even made to explain how this tournament works and just assumes everyone reading it has seen the show.

But seeing as it's most likely about direct combat, I'm gonna have to say no. The game just isn't built for pvp. You'd actually need an interesting combat system for something like that. That, and toxicity was at an all time high during the forge. Imagine what it would be like in an event based entirely around pvp.

Oops. Sorry about that I should have posted how it worked, my bad(And no I didn't assume everyone that would read this watched the show, I just forgot to add how it worked, I'll add the info right now).

Yeah, I noticed the toxicity turing the forge event. And I do know the game isn't made for PvP. Just an idea I had.

Archived