What the hell is a pugna chest

Sooo i came back to check out the update quit dst 4 months ago lost interest in the game since Klei lost interest in the ps4 version of it, and i despise the controls on pc, ( oxygen on pc amazing though!) anyway im here to say year of the varg dissappointed, also dissappointed no xmas event, no forge, and year of varg was late to us by a long shot, just dissappointment, so i logged in to check it out and get my first gift for first time in 4 months then realise oh i got a pugna chest what might that be? Then it turns out its a pc exclusive for the forge? So i cant even use it? And i get nothing from my gift, how considerate :)  i just wished to see ps4 edition keep up with the pc to keep players interest but instead me and all my orher ps4 dst players left the game a while back, i own 3 copys of it on pc but as i said i dislike the pc controls, i brought 3 to support klei for being an outstanding game company! But i feel let down with regret and that is my problem not kleis but i dont see why you would make a console port but not take care of it? Thats like having a puppy for everyone to adore yet never feeding it so the adorers watch it weaken and suffer till death. Eh anyway i hope one day Klei revisits the console port and dst in general with an amazing update to draw us all back in! But for us who have accomplished all the content and now moved on to other survival games there is no need to come back to dst unless a content packed update comes out or expansion i would be happy to pay for! So you itleast get profit by working on an expansion, but i can understand trying to maintain other games like oxygen which we all appreciate but im sure everyone is getting bored of the same game with scraps like winona fed to it, winona is so pointless for us experienced players winona is a good new character but  theres wilson for that why not release characters with awesome abilities but fun and challenging downfalls!! Make a character who regens health in the swamp and can tame merms but loses sanity in other biomes and gets attacked by pigs! So much potential! but anyway who am i to judge im just a casual gamer and you are the devs, thanks for reading my rant and a half sincerely a most likely long time lost player until future updates :) 

I don't know what a pugna chest is but they've said we will be getting The Forge eventually. I'm guessing it might be a while though since it's a bit more complicated and honestly something like that isn't as time sensitive as the seasonal events so I'm okay with the wait. I agree that not getting Winter's Feast is a big slap in the face but hopefully Klei learned from the feedback that there's a lot of people on console who care about that and they won't do that to us again.

On a side note, have you tried paragraph breaks? Without them it can be hard to read long posts such as yours.

my first skin drop had been my fisrt shadow piece, wickerbottoms one :)

i feel that despise on pc controls, but theres things that could be implemented to console, like being able to walk with the joystick while looking the map, i found this extremly useful especialy on the caves /ruins, pc players can do it.

im enjoing the update so far cause apart from the expanded inventory options, they translate the game to my language and thats a significant change, enough to get me hook up again.

i dont know what it takes to be a experienced player, but i sure love Winona her trusty tape is way cheaper than sewing kit , i dont know i just like her.

like the idea of a swamp character, but apart from the sanity issue, would be pretty much a webber dont you think? cool idea btw

1 hour ago, Pebrot said:

my first skin drop had been my fisrt shadow piece, wickerbottoms one :)

i feel that despise on pc controls, but theres things that could be implemented to console, like being able to walk with the joystick while looking the map, i found this extremly useful especialy on the caves /ruins, pc players can do it.

im enjoing the update so far cause apart from the expanded inventory options, they translate the game to my language and thats a significant change, enough to get me hook up again.

i dont know what it takes to be a experienced player, but i sure love Winona her trusty tape is way cheaper than sewing kit , i dont know i just like her.

like the idea of a swamp character, but apart from the sanity issue, would be pretty much a webber dont you think? cool idea btw

Could you explain further what you mean by "expanded inventory options"?

i got a chest, you can open it from the main menu on your collection, on the treasures section.

12 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Could you explain further what you mean by "expanded inventory options"?

mmmh i mean all that new stuff like unravelling being able to see skins you dont own etc, im not sure if i expressed badly or you still didnt check it?

41 minutes ago, Pebrot said:

i got a chest, you can open it from the main menu on your collection, on the treasures section.

mmmh i mean all that new stuff like unravelling being able to see skins you dont own etc, im not sure if i expressed badly or you still didnt check it?

Yea I thought you were talking about in game inventory

• Developer

Pugna's War Chest shouldn't be appearing in your treasury; if you're received a chest drop then it's actually a Spring Chest. You can get to it and open it with a bit of controller waggling right now. This will be fixed in the next patch

Sorry about massive paragraph was rather fed up! But i am pleased to see the positive responses! :) and forge may appear on ps4!? Well that truly heightens my hopes :) it is a pugnas war chest ill relog and see how if i can open it

Soooo it turned into a curio chest! First time seeing one of those, got 3 common shirts the good ol pleated and buttoned then one suspension shirt so i just reached 9 hard earned commons i trade them in, and boom i get a second suspension shirt that i just recieved from the curio chest,

dont know if i just have bad luck, but this seems to be a cycle with loot in this game i see sooo many cool items in the treasurey currently yet ive never got a rare item, wish trade in got reduced to like 5 items rather than 9 eh considering steam can  users can just buy items for 10c probably just my bad luck though lol

8 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Pugna's War Chest shouldn't be appearing in your treasury; if you're received a chest drop then it's actually a Spring Chest. You can get to it and open it with a bit of controller waggling right now. This will be fixed in the next patch

Do you know if you get additional skin drops if you already got all of it before the update? I got 3 out of 4 before the update..I'm wondering if it resets or stays the same and I'll only get 1 till Thursday reset.

7 hours ago, jesuisralph said:

Do you know if you get additional skin drops if you already got all of it before the update? I got 3 out of 4 before the update..I'm wondering if it resets or stays the same and I'll only get 1 till Thursday reset.

Sadly no refresh on skins, limit of 4 per week so if you had already opened 3, expect 1 more only. 

Archived