Optimal farm designs anyone?

32 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

Here you go

That will not work as is since sweepers don't sweep through gas and mesh tiles anymore. Seems like it could be modified for the new circumstance, though.

5 hours ago, SchlauFuchs said:

Hi,

does anyone have an optimized farm design with automation? 

Cheers,

SF

The question is, what do you consider optimized. Least power used? Least duplicant interaction? Greatest yield? Simplest to build? Most plants per farm? Small and compact? Single plant type per farm, or combined? Which plants anyway?

Here's my design. It's small and compact and can feed up to about 15 duplicants I think. Also it does not need the water to be cooled near freezing, it actually relies on the water being somewhat warm (25 C). It's not perfectly optimized in the sense that the ratio of blossoms to wheat is not right (should be 12:10 or 6:5) but it's not hard to modify it. Also it would be better to put the arm above the wheat now so it can feed the farming station as well.

39 minutes ago, Vilda said:

That will not work as is since sweepers don't sweep through gas and mesh tiles anymore. Seems like it could be modified for the new circumstance, though.

change the airflow tiles to pneumatic doors

18 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

change the airflow tiles to pneumatic doors

True. But that is just so cheesy.

Honestly, hoping for some kind of consistency for sweepers. It does work through tiles, but not meshed. Yet it works through mesh doors... madness!

2 minutes ago, Vilda said:

True. But that is just so cheesy.

perhaps but remember the game isn't finished yet, I'll work on another 24x3 stack-able greenhouse design once sweepers don't work though doors.

Can't use solid tiles for bristles as they block light

20 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

perhaps but remember the game isn't finished yet, I'll work on another 24x3 stack-able greenhouse design once sweepers don't work though doors.

Can't use solid tiles for bristles as they block light

I think if they changed something like that, the conveyor loader won't be industrial machinery any more

2 hours ago, Kasuha said:

The question is, what do you consider optimized. Least power used? Least duplicant interaction? Greatest yield? Simplest to build? Most plants per farm? Small and compact? Single plant type per farm, or combined? Which plants anyway?

Here's my design. It's small and compact and can feed up to about 15 duplicants I think. Also it does not need the water to be cooled near freezing, it actually relies on the water being somewhat warm (25 C). It's not perfectly optimized in the sense that the ratio of blossoms to wheat is not right (should be 12:10 or 6:5) but it's not hard to modify it. Also it would be better to put the arm above the wheat now so it can feed the farming station as well.

Really like this design, am about to repurpose my unused mealwood farm over the next 100 cycles and would love to get some sleet wheat going. Is 10 of each plant really enough for 15 dupes? Might have some questions when putting it together, mind if I pm you if required?

Archived