Most Effective Algae Farm

In a previous post I had talked about power generating without using geysers, and how I needed PW from algae distillers to supplement my PW needs for fertilizer synthesizers.  In the picture I was able to make 5 distilleries run 100% of the time with only 1 sweeper to maintain them.  there are 25 pufts and 125 morbs providing slime.  I did start with 20 pufts as I heard I only needed 4 per distiller but it wasn't enough to keep all 5 running nonstop. I get 2000 g/s of PW which is enough to run 15 fertilizer synthesizers with 5 natural gas generators.

I know this probably can't be built without debug but it was still fun to make20180303002732_1.thumb.jpg.8da32f3e65b348b34e19e098ec488298.jpg

i never use those distillers, but now mushroom is not that good quality blossom is the way to go so maybe i could give this thing a shot, thanks

btw u can pump those polluted water to ur puft room with airflow tank and make pol oxygen

5 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

i never use those distillers, but now mushroom is not that good quality blossom is the way to go so maybe i could give this thing a shot, thanks

btw u can pump those polluted water to ur puft room with airflow tank and make pol oxygen

pressure from the morbs alone will make it difficult to pump any PO in from an outside source 

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

pressure from the morbs alone will make it difficult to pump any PO in from an outside source 

but GETTING 125 morb without debug will took atleast 100 cycle too much micro to using outhouse or lot of stress killing dupes. 

14 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

but GETTING 125 morb without debug will took atleast 100 cycle too much micro to using outhouse or lot of stress killing dupes. 

read the post

4 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I know this probably can't be built without debug but it was still fun to make

29 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

I have done it in survival no debug and no dupe interaction after I had set it up. Only problem is the puffs, and to get that many puffs in one place that would have been a project :). I did it with 4 puffs and it that was a lots of work heh.

6 minutes ago, NanoD said:

I have done it in survival no debug and no dupe interaction after I had set it up. Only problem is the puffs, and to get that many puffs in one place that would have been a project :). I did it with 4 puffs and it that was a lots of work heh.

I'm hoping for an animal breeding option in future updates

5 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I know this probably can't be built without debug but it was still fun to make

It can, though in non-debug, you need to build it around a trapped puft rather than building it and then baiting a puft in. Pufts are notoriously tedious to herd due to lack of useful mechanics for transport.

42 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I'm hoping for an animal breeding option in future updates

I was thinking about that after I had to kill off a bunch of Hatches in an food emergency. Would be interesting to have some more animal based resource options. Could even throw some animal based disease stuff into the mix for additional risk/reward balancing.

10 hours ago, travaldofan said:

I don't think dead dupes produce morbs anymore.

28 minutes ago, TheScaryOne said:

Everyone is complaining about the number of Morbs. I don't think there's more than 20 pufts in my whole map.

haha I was waiting to see when some one would point that out

Archived