Advanced Tech Pumps

Pretty much superior versions of normal pumps that consume less power, have lower power consumption and draw more liquid/gas

Advanced Gas Pump

Building materials required:

• 100KG Refined metal
  • 150KG Plastic

Function:

• Require less power -160W
  • Draws 1000G/s of gas (Normal pump draws 500g/s)
  • Base building overheat temperature raised to 125C (Without including material)

Advanced Liquid Pump

Building materials required:

• 500KG Refined metal
  • 600KG Plastic

Function:

• Require less power -160W
  • Draws 20KG/s of liquid (Normal pump draws 10kg/s)
  • Base building overheat temperature raised to 150C (Without including material)

Alternatively you need a bigger 'Water Main' pipe that's the equivalent of the Heavy Wattage wire, BIG'n'Ugly, can't go through walls etc with say 100kg/s flow rate.  Smaller pipes branch from it easily so it's not going to be as much of a pain as heavy wire is mind you.  Your Big pump can feed this big pipe and it can be slit at a manifold right inside the water cistern to go to every other part of the base.  You would only need long stretches if your trying to rapidly move huge amounts of water.

Yeah, I love the idea of being able to build water mains and having more powerful gas and air pumps however I don't feel they should pump more AND have lower power requirements in fact I'd figure 20% power usage increase would be fair for 100% throughput

They should be more efficient per unit of water moved, a normal pump is 24 kJ/kg I could see something like 18 kJ/kg with the pump able to move 50 kg/s and having a wattage of 900.  Size would be 3x4 a Big structure for Big bases.

8 hours ago, ImpalerWrG said:

Alternatively you need a bigger 'Water Main' pipe that's the equivalent of the Heavy Wattage wire, BIG'n'Ugly, can't go through walls etc with say 100kg/s flow rate.  Smaller pipes branch from it easily so it's not going to be as much of a pain as heavy wire is mind you.  Your Big pump can feed this big pipe and it can be slit at a manifold right inside the water cistern to go to every other part of the base.  You would only need long stretches if your trying to rapidly move huge amounts of water.

I previously saw a suggestion (I can't remember by whom) for a high pressure liquid pipe that would take 50kg/s flow rate, and would be opposite heavi-watt wires in that lines normal lines could lead into and feed it but you'd need a special reduction valve to branch of from it. That would be a one input, two output building like a liquid filter with a high pressure bypass and a normal liquid line output. I liked that idea.  

I think that would be copying the Electrical system too much and for no good reason other then to copy it.  Their is also no pressure concept in pipes so the player is just being given a restriction with no apparent justification in the game own mechanics.

I'd say 50% more power for double the capacity seems more balanced to me + advanced materials and research.

I like the idea of a bigger liquid pipe but it shouldn't connect directly to any input/output (except the advanced pump) instead requires a "conversion pipe" to a regular sized pipe.

On 02.03.2018 at 2:00 AM, ImpalerWrG said:

Steam geysers output at rate ~4kg/s, 2 geysers dont go over 10 kg/s, what do you expect ipe to be used for ? O_o?

Archived