Showers, Can we get a timer between Showers?

So as it stands right now the dupes do not have any timer between when they can take showers.

So.... If a dupe happens to puke all over the place due to exposure to slime lung, or some other horrible thing happens in the base.  There is now green stuff all over many tiles and it needs to be cleaned up.

If we tell the dupes to mop up, they will mop 1, maybe 2 tiles and then run to the shower and clean up.  After the shower they go mop another 1 or 2 tiles and then shower again.  If they are running through some green stuff and decide they want to eat instead of mopping it is even worse. They will go eat, shower and then back to the green.

It basically causes a really annoying loop if you ever want to mop more than 1 or 2 tiles (total) of green.

I am suggesting limiting dupe's showers to once per cycle.

This would allow them to stay relatively clean, but still function in the event that mopping has to be done.

Thanks.

-NonFat

For an every third cycle shower - I was considering a solution to this problem using automation and two doors - one one-way out door and one automated door. The one way out door would not be automated, only closed. The other door would only open for one cycle - every third cycle. This would let anyone out that's in when the automatic door closes, so no trapped dupes, etc.  You can use buffer and delay gates in a sr-latch circuit to trip the circuits - so it would take 4 clocks to do this or a simple state machine perhaps. One held state for each cycle and one to reset the buffers at the end of the fourth.

I haven't laid it out just yet - but this is going to be my shower solution if Grimy! ever has any negative effect.

2 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

For an every third cycle shower - I was considering a solution to this problem using automation and two doors - one one-way out door and one automated door. The one way out door would not be automated, only closed. The other door would only open for one cycle - every third cycle. This would let anyone out that's in when the automatic door closes, so no trapped dupes, etc.  You can use buffer and delay gates in a sr-latch circuit to trip the circuits - so it would take 4 clocks to do this or a simple state machine perhaps. One held state for each cycle and one to reset the buffers at the end of the fourth.

I haven't laid it out just yet - but this is going to be my shower solution if Grimy! ever has any negative effect.

There was a bug with your setup, dunno if they fixed it, but if you end up with dupes standing around add a third door inside between your exit only and your showers and put buttons under the showers hooked to this door so when a dupe is in they can leave but otherwise when the room is empty and the clock says closed dupes dont hang out tryina wait on it.

On 11.02.2018 at 9:48 AM, The Plum Gate said:

its my solution too, use it all the time - just dont like grimy status and appreciate my dupes showering because of hygiene

Different types of jobs mop, operating, digging could slowly make the dupe dirty. Like a percentage just as stress.

When the dupe is 100% dirty it goes in the shower.

That way they won't go all the time. And dupes who do dirty jobs like digging, shower more often then the cook.

Archived