Metal refinery spitting out crude oil bottles

I have a tank with crude oil surrounded in plastic and cooled by wheezeworts that is used only as a coolant for my metal refinery.

When I constructed it, the tank was full. I know that the surface of the liquid could have been lowered by one tile due to the length of the pipe leading to my oil refinery, but not by two tiles.

2110222.jpeg

However, I noticed that since this upgrade (or preview built I should say) the tank is gradually losing crude oil. I investigated the issue and it appears crude oil ends up in one of my "miscellaneous" pits. This led me to believe that some of that crude oil is outputted not into pipes as liquid, but as bottles.

2110223.jpeg

You can even see crude oil bottles laying near the metal refinery.

It is indeed your refinery, it is because you have that bottle emptier set to the same fluid as in your refinery.  Material in buldings that is not qued as a resource for fabrication is takable material.  Turn oil off on that emptier and they will quit taking the oil from the machine.

a different way to do this would be to use 2 doors between the machine and the emptier so that anyone who can access the machine can not ever access the emptier, and vice versa.  If dupes can only ever see 1 or the other they wont take something from one to the other.

Indeed there is something wrong with Metal Rafinery. As far as I can remember, mine rafinery was generating bottle of Polluted Water (this was my coolant) from time to time. 

Its like the game has a problem with balancing input and output, so spare part is just left in front of rafinery.

Archived