Hot Hydroponic Tiles

Posting an issue i'm having getting my greenhouses established.  I've referenced from several places, including the wiki, about the plants not being affected by the temperature of the water... but if that's true how do you use geyser water if the hydroponic tiles end up at the same temp as the water.  Or is  it the pipes?  Which makes abyssalyte a tough call.  Since it holds it's harvested temperature for most of the game.  Different insulated pipes?  Juist trying to get a grip on heat management. 

TYVM

13 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

Nullifiers reqire precious hydrogen, and given high power demand that'll be wasteful. I'd say with few non-exploitive way to cool down things remaning hydrogen room with lots of wheez is the best. You pump hydrogen until pressure is maxed and then it all goes to generator

That makes no sense at all the nullifyer uses 10g per second or basically nothing.

1 hour ago, BT_20 said:

That makes no sense at all the nullifyer uses 10g per second or basically nothing.

It's 80W so a Borg Cube could cool the same amount for about a 1/3rd of that.

In my current game I'm using it to cool two steam geysers output to a rock steady 20C and it uses a total of 62W on average to do that. You'd need 3 nullifiers to do the same.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:03 PM, Saturnus said:

It's 80W so a Borg Cube could cool the same amount for about a 1/3rd of that.

In my current game I'm using it to cool two steam geysers output to a rock steady 20C and it uses a total of 62W on average to do that. You'd need 3 nullifiers to do the same.

Doesn't the Cube depend on an exploit though?  So it's not the best idea to become reliant on it, because it will be fixed at some point.

Archived