Battery power bleed off

Ok.  So it's basically just an additional overhead per battery in the power bank  that needs to be added to the total grid draw amounts.  That's livable.  It doesn't actually count as a draw though right?  I.e. 1000 watts + 5 batteries isn't going to overload a wire 

38 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Ok.  So it's basically just an additional overhead per battery in the power bank  that needs to be added to the total grid draw amounts.  That's livable.  It doesn't actually count as a draw though right?  I.e. 1000 watts + 5 batteries isn't going to overload a wire 

The wire has nothing to do with this. The energy needs to be in the battery for it to deplete.

So then the question becomes, does the energy that goes to charging a battery count as kW load on the circuit?

I am almost certain the answer is no, but klei changed the way stored energy, transformers, and load work in a recent update. So, I could be wrong.

It'd be pretty easy to test, though. Just add up all the actual loads on your circuit and see which answer the numbers support.

1 hour ago, avc15 said:

So then the question becomes, does the energy that goes to charging a battery count as kW load on the circuit?

I am almost certain the answer is no, but klei changed the way stored energy, transformers, and load work in a recent update. So, I could be wrong.

And you'd be correct. Batteries are not considered loads.

I think the point is they want a more realistic power system where, rather than having massive power banks, you actually need to create enough power stations for your peak power draw and use automation to turn off generators when they are not needed.  So you have a small power bank and a set of coal generators built on doors.

24 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Coal gens just got automation ports.

I still intend to have a battery bank. Power draw during the day can be negative,  then recharge the bank at night. 

This just adds a bit of overhead

The timer circuit could be set up for it - only kicks on accordingly - now that it has a port, I can look forward to postponing elaborate setups involving the hydrogen generator and loads of batteries.

Archived