Yellow Alert

Right now we have a Red Alert system that allows us to force our dupes to forgo food, sleep, and bathrooms.  This works great for what it's supposed to do (quell emergencies), but I'd personally like the option to go to something in between "all is well" and "the sky is falling!"  A Yellow Alert that forces dupes to stay awake but otherwise allows them to eat and use the bathroom would be handy for things like corralling hatches at night for finishing off a remote dig or construction project so you don't have to run all the way back in the morning.

That's all and well - on remote jobs, the biggest issue I have is dupes sleeping in to recover stamina from their exceeding long walk to bed. Yellow alerts would be nice.

I had a topic regarding personal alerts via automation, but this would actually directly affect the duplicant behavior.

2 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

That's all and well - on remote jobs, the biggest issue I have is dupes sleeping in to recover stamina from their exceeding long walk to bed. Yellow alerts you be nice.

There is a solution for that though. Don't build beds. :D

This system could be used in conjunction with the warning system to alleviate some of the irritations players are having.  A dupe is suffocating?  Starving?  Being attacked by a rabid hatch?  Give me a red popup with a loud warning to make sure I see this pressing issue before it's too late.  If my plants died or a dupe peed his pants then a yellow popup with a softer alert let's me know something happened, but it's not the end of the world.

Archived