[Occupational Preview Update] - 252656

• Developer

Hello all,

As always, thanks for taking the time to play the Preview build and post your feedback in the forums. Today's patch is focused on bug fixes and content updates, but we're working on changes to the Jobs system management and balance as well. These changes will be made a few at a time and require fine tuning, so please bear with us as we get this system where we want it. Thanks for your support and enthusiasm!

Today's changes:

• Dupes should once again get woken up by nearby loud sleepers.
  • Build tool hover text card should now properly reflect the currently selected building.
  • Pitcher Pump should no longer be confused about what locations are valid for placement.
  • Deconstructing/Emptying buildings which store liquid should once again drop bottles instead of dumping the liquid onto the floor.
  • Steam turbine now works on a pressure differential and no longer requires water cooling. 
  • Research stations should now display their material usage per research point rather than their rate(which is variable according to researcher speed).
  • Liquids should no longer become invisible on OSX/Linux.
  • State changes in pipes should once again cause damage to the pipes
  • Ore transfer arm should now consume power while transferring.
  • Disease overlay meters should now properly track the duplicant's pivot.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when deconstructing/emptying planter boxes.
  • Conveyor inbox now consumes power while dispensing.
  • Smart Storage Compactors/Fridges now display whether their logic output is on/off.
  • Conveyor inboxes/outboxes are only useable by transfer arms by default. Manual dupe delivery can be turned on and off.
  • Storage lockers should now properly request more items to be delivered if their contents have been sublimated.
  • Smart locker should now properly send out a logic signal when adjusting the capacity slider.
  • Dig orders should now display status items when there is no one assigned to the required role.
  • Icon on dig orders should now appear different based on the dig order's role requirement.
  • Dupes should no longer appear with yellow dots as hats in the main menu.
  • Conveyor overlay button should only be accessible after researching Smart Storage.

View full update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Tenshi Kirai said:

I have to load the game every 3 cycles because the performance gets horrible, giving a freeze =S

What are your specs? If you have to do reload that often it sounds like you're playing this on a potato, or have an incredibly high cycle count. And if it's the latter, I must ask you, how did you manage to avoid having all of your dupes dying from time dilation? 

• Haha 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

371021936693870592.png?v=1 

Why bother proof reading something that's yet to be added (officially) into the game?

Because translators see some source strings and produce localized ones.
We have no way to guess which string is actually used or not when we're translating.

11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

What are your specs? If you have to do reload that often it sounds like you're playing this on a potato, or have an incredibly high cycle count. And if it's the latter, I must ask you, how did you manage to avoid having all of your dupes dying from time dilation? 

Not really a relevant question. This is the preview build and even if you have been running at triple speed 24/7 since it's release Thursday you could not have gotten more than to about cycle 2100. Time dilation death doesn't occur to after cycle 4000-5000.

Just now, Saturnus said:

Thursday you could not have gotten more than to about cycle 2100.

How so?

Spoiler

BTW the second part was just a joke, since I know I can't make it anywhere NEAR that and NOT my laptop spontaneously combust on me. :wilson_ecstatic:

And since they're having FPS issues, it's either they have a very poorly optimized base, too many dupes, or they have a potato. :3

44 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

i7 4790k 
24GB Ram 1866
SSD Samsung 850 Evo
2xHDD 2 TB 64 MB
GTX 1060 Zotac AMP+

PS: I did not avoid, just healed them