tepidizer super heater trick dead in preview?

I used an initial heat source to raise the temperature of the natural gas in the right chamber to much hotter than the boiling point of crude oil and petroleum.  The natural gas is at around 800C, which is plenty hot to boil the crude oil and petroleum.

But I see what you mean that it can't become hotter. What would happen is the heat would spread down the switchback.  So the heat energy is there, but it gets spread out rather than concentrating.  The issue is that since the temperature can not go up, the fluctuations will eventually reduce the temperature too much and the system will fail.  Is that what you mean?

On 2018/1/28 at 12:54 AM, Coolthulhu said:

I just checked with with abyssalite refrigerators which have only exhaust heat and 2075C overheat temperature

23 hours ago, donutman07 said:

Metal refinery made of abyssalite running at 3000C the new tepidizer? :D

I checked code just now. refrigerator only has exhausted heat, but metal refinery has no exhaust heat. All the heat generated by metal refinery is self (operate) heat , which means abyssalite refinery only heat itself.

Pretty bummed they fixed this, as well, as messing with the tepidizer was fun and a type of late-game element to play with.  Doubly annoyed that they didn't create anything for creating high temperatures in it's place.  Of course, I can understand why due to the steam turbine, but honestly, I think I'd rather have the broken tepidizer (Or something there abouts to replace what it could do) then to have the steam turbine.  Perhaps, however, this will mean they'll introduce something down the road for creating high temperatures, like nuclear energy using radium that's in debug mode.

In the mean time, I've been messing with various devices for extracting heat out of magma and trying to squeeze out every joule possible.  For instance, this machine for creating petroleum from crude oil while not getting natural gas in the process.  It's fairly reliable, as you can see.

OilRefinery1.thumb.jpg.7146d17f1095ceb8a86680b12cecf86b.jpg

The top hydro-sensor is set to above 0Kg and the  bottom is set to above 5Kg and both of those go through a NAND which controls the stuff-off valve on the top.  The regular valve is set to 1000G/s so it's not dump large packets of oil into the pocket.  Basically, how it works is oil drops into the pocket, which also displaces the petroleum above with the extra spilling out.  Both sensors then detect liquid and it quickly stops more oil from dropping into the pocket.  The oil then heats up in the pocket and converts to petroleum so only the bottom sensor is triggered so it pours more oil into the pocket.  The top hydro-sensor is also connected to that filter/buffer timer which is then connected to that door.  If the top hydro-sensor detects petroleum for longer then 10 seconds, the door gets shut for a second (Or longer) to transfer more heat to the hot-plate.  With the heat-exchanger, the oil is currently feeding into the valve assembly around 360C and spilling out at the bottom around 100C with the oil input at 65C.

OilRefinery2.thumb.jpg.bef58354a221e7aefc4dfa89725d6e08.jpg

I've also been playing around with the metal refinery.

RefineryHeater1.thumb.jpg.3533ffbb3aa2b2a1d89e28b5189a4003.jpg

RefineryHeater2.thumb.jpg.824f451a2c6cd8ac48ac11e6440491c4.jpg

Using a phosphorus vapor sensor on the coolant input, you can reliably get petroleum coolant out of the loop at around 330C.  The pressure switch is just connected to the shut off valve to start dumping hot coolant out of the loop.  The valve behind it is set to 3000 G/s which is enough to negatively suppress the temperature of the incoming coolant until the phosphorus liquefies again at 280C.  The incoming petroleum is 76C.  Theoretically, you could use mercury instead of phosphorus as it vaporizes at 356C, but then you'd have to put the mercury in while in debug mode...  On the other hand, considering the stuff the dupes can make, it's not like they wouldn't have access to mercury somehow.  :D  I'm looking at you gold amalgam!  

so now we have supreme heat deletion, don't want anything over heating?  Find the thing with the absolute lowest over heat threshhold and put that in your hot spot, instant cooling down to its over heat temp.............................Only works in gas with tepidizers but it does delete heat XD I put 8 tepidizers made of gold in a stack the bottom ones got the hottest and started taking over heat damage first but the air around them consistently dropped to 175 even when the tepidizers where over 200

image.thumb.png.ee268e916013a31b2c67065e7619c312.png

Archived