How to improve PW production

Hi,
how i can improve production of polluted water? Actually, all polluted water from my base is consumed to produce Natural gas and electricity (im on cycle 500+ and i can't find any NG geyser). My consumption is bigger than production - so my dupes must time by time dig trought swamp biomes and pump extra PW from here...

My actual PW production: 8dupes with toilets & showers and few NG generators.

Just to make sure: You use lavatories not outhouses?

Good production venues are:

* Algae Distiller (Puft + Morb farm)

* Mining polluted ice

* CO2 skimmers

* Consuming natural pockets of polluted water (toxic biome)

You could also dig exploration shafts to find your geysers. Also setting up a Hatch-farm to produce coal from useless minerals can solve your power issues. This would make you independent from natural gas.

4 hours ago, Male_zvire said:

Hi,
how i can improve production of polluted water? Actually, all polluted water from my base is consumed to produce Natural gas and electricity (im on cycle 500+ and i can't find any NG geyser). My consumption is bigger than production - so my dupes must time by time dig trought swamp biomes and pump extra PW from here...

My actual PW production: 8dupes with toilets & showers and few NG generators.

Do you have 3 fertilizers for 1 Gaz Natural Generator? You need to respect this ratio to obtain a balanced set up.

OK guys,
thanks for all tips :) I'll try to improve with those tips.

@SamLogan: yep, 3 fertilizers for 1NG. But 1NG produce 67,5g/s of polluted water and 1 fertilizer consume about 150g/s of polluted water. Its about 382,5g/s of PW deficit.

@R9MX4: thanks 4 link! Tons of usefull informations :)

Petroleum generator produces 1.25kg/s. If you use up all the water from petroleum generator to make natgas, and then all the water from natgas gens to make more gas, you can run 9 fertilizer generators without any extra water input.

If you don't mind exploits, you can make a perpetum mobile by heating crude oil into natural gas, then feeding the CO2 from generators to slicksters to get more oil than you put in.

16 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

Petroleum generator produces 1.25kg/s. If you use up all the water from petroleum generator to make natgas, and then all the water from natgas gens to make more gas, you can run 9 fertilizer generators without any extra water input.

If you don't mind exploits, you can make a perpetum mobile by heating crude oil into natural gas, then feeding the CO2 from generators to slicksters to get more oil than you put in.

how is that an exploit?

19 minutes ago, phelaen said:

how is that an exploit?

In my humble opinion, heating crude oil into natural gas is not an exploit, but might be three. 

Tepidizer works without totally submerged. It's an exploit about submerged status recognition.

Gas is hotter than tepidizer itself. It is due to the heat generation mechanism of machine.

To cool the tepidizer and hot natural gas, some players, like me, use liquid drip. It is another exploit.

3 hours ago, phelaen said:

how is that an exploit?

It's clearly outside the intent of developers when you realize it produces more than it consumes and can be scaled into arbitrarily huge number, limited only by slickster count in the world. Once properly set up, it completely wrecks any semblance of energy economy in the game.

Archived