Death by sleep

While tunneling a rather unstable area, my little dudes had a cavein that put 1 tile between them and the rest of my complex. Insted of digging it out, they fell asleep(because at that perfectly timing moment it became night) and died(half my dudes at the same time) of oxygendeiciency (because the area i was digging didnt have a good oxygensupply yet). Its kinda lame how theyd prioretize sleep over getting out of there because they where dieing. Even Dark Souls aint this unforgiveing to randomness.

you get a warning and all for thoes situations but its lame how you cant do anything about it if its night time when you realize it. Little duders be like. "nope night time. must sleep in this oxygenfree space even if it kills me, rather than dig my way to safty.".

Two days in a row, Mr tryphobic Abe got himself trapped on the same pillar of algae.  He almost died both times and I still don't know why he went out there. 

Have you tied turning on red alert then turning it off?  I think that wakes up trapped dupes and keeps them awake even after the red alert ends until they can get to their beds.  It might be a bug, but trapped dupes shouldn't sleep anyway (in my opinion) unless their stamina is at 0.

53 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

It might be a bug, but trapped dupes shouldn't sleep anyway (in my opinion) unless their stamina is at 0.

That would be exploitable, though. Close the dupe off and have them work all night to utilize the comfy bed+bedroom bonus later.

Each dupe also has a move here button, use that while they are asleep and they will wake up.  

Dupes are stupid, I don't imagine that's going to change, in fact it's probably by design. That's why we get warning messages.

35 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

And if you move a sleeping, trapped dupe they work till exhausted

If they clear a way back to their bed, they will make straight for it.  They'll only work till exhausted if they can't get home.

Archived