Why won't they SWEEP?!?!?!

I appreciate the look into this thread and honestly...

Beyond annoyed folks.

I've included an image. In the image you will see Nisbet on the right. She is assigned ONLY TO SWEEPING. There are NO OTHER OBJECTS TO SWEEP, but she will not go anywhere NEAR the polluted water near the sink in the middle. I have two storage containers assigned to ALL. One storage container assigned to SWEEP ONLY, and one storage container assigned to ALL and SWEEP ONLY. She can walk wherever she pleases.

Wut.

wontsweep.png

Polluted water is not stored in storage containers. You must set up a bottle emptier and somewhere to drop the germy water. Like a designated hole dug out for this purpose well away from everything else. Note: you can rotate the bottle emptier.

It was explained somewhere, I found out about it in game so it is there I just don't remember where smh :( I know the tutorial info panes cover most of it.  Did you skip them?   Up there where it says research complete, on a new game is info on the basics

Yep the liquids can’t be stored in containers, an another thing they won’t sweep either when the supply job is disabled. as it is they only sweep things when they are allowed to supply the given item to the storage container granted it is confusing.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, KenMan said:

Awesome. Should I make a suggestion thread for a QoL feature to explain this? Or was it explained somewhere and I just missed it.

Aye, It's in the notifications that come up in the upper left, though they leave the logistics to the player..  Something to the effect of Fetching water, but it may have it's own tip.

Archived