GAS leaking thru walls...BUG or feature?((BETTER PIC UPDATE!)))

SO if you can see the pic attached, we have carbon monoxide appearing to leak through the airlock/tile.

What am I doing wrong?   The airlock is and has been CLOSED and LOCKED.

All the monoxide was drained via cheat.    5 mins later, it is back!

help

Truck_20180108_012601_DRO.jpg

jeepers, it is not the MEGA wire thingy? is it?

3 hours ago, realdead_man said:

help

Truck_20180108_012601_DRO.jpg

jeepers, it is not the MEGA wire thingy? is it?

On windows systems, you could press "print" ingame and while you create a forum thread, press strg+v (for paste).
When you ingame press Alt+S could zoom out very far.
^^

13 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

press strg+v

What keyboard do you have ? o _ o, you can also use f12 to take a screenshot on steam :p

@realdead_man Did you build the wall using cheat as well ? Sometimes you can have issues building wall using debug, you can see the wall but it is a little white and air pass through. Or maybe it is just your dupes breathing ....

Another thing I have noticed during debug is if you are making a large area a vacuum it will sometimes pull a gas randomly through a wall, I have had it happen a bunch and if your lucky u can even see where.... only solution I found was to build tiles in the room and deconstruct them to form a vacuum as well

ok, 

Yes, the whole based is close in.

I chopped the pic cause i took it with my phone, and my company is time-stamped.(on the pic)

I know how to screen shot, why i didn't,  I don't know???  maybe I was in text mode, and gonna text the pic to y'all.  lol

I just cheated to remove all the black gas.  I don't mess much in the dev console, because don't know what I am doing. (And don't want to destroy my work)

I am aware (painfully) that spawning gas can make title gone, but not appear gone.

That area is the top right area of my base, no black gas should be that high.

Unless the Ox gas cheat is defective, I cleared everything BUT oxygen out, and nothing has been out/in, nothing to create that gas near,  my coal gen is WAY at the bottom.

Maybe the vacuum pulled it thru the wall.

More research is needed!!!

You said you used debug tools to paint the gasses.  Is it possible you accidentally painted over the doors or one of the tiles with the paint tool?  This effectively destroys them and can allow gases through.

Also, you can link steam screenshots pretty easily if you are willing to reveal your steam account to us.  It makes the image easier.  You can also use the prt sc button to effectively copy the screen and paste it in to an application like Paint.

So based on your larger screenshot, we can now see that it is a result of your Dupes breathing while using the Showers and Lavatories.  They will breath out CO2.  Since CO2 is a heavy gas, it will sink below the O2.  Due to a quirk of the game engine, gases moving downward prefer to move to the right, rather than to the left.  Over time, this will accumulate on that right side.

Archived