wheat and hot water

12 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Build liquid pipes with abyssalite, use liquid valves to decrease the amount of water stored at the hydroponic tiles.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/84106-hydroponic-farm-tiles-heating-up/?tab=comments#comment-973642

Thanks, man... 

yeah, I´ve read that post, but thing is... valves heat up too... were u able to do it successfully?

I didn't read much, so just experimented. Lower level of wheat are already cooled enough.
I didn't know about abyssalite much so everything "abyssalite insulated". That is too much. Just abyssalite pipes and tiles is fine I suppose.
And That rooms better be separeted. In my case too much warm gas at the top, and it's still not cooled enough.
And yes, I'm cooling it with hydrogen from room with weezworts. Maybe it's a good idea to cool air in room with thermo regulators too.

A83FDF4BE12ABF75118D0D288D0807DDA2723EDF

The thing that grinds my gears is, everyone talkin' 'bout abyssalite this abyssalite that, they never state which temperature sourced abyssalite one should use and if it even matters when transporting liquid or enclosing a room.

Yeah, maybe it's been explained somewhere before... but abyssalite this abyssalite that when building instructions are given... without instructions for kelvin range sourced abyssalite building material for the thing they're giving instructions on building, not helpful to soaped up spaghettos like me who lack vision and aesthetic taste.

I wasn't born to make glamorous, fascinating and elaborate contraptions, I've never been good at creating anything, I've only ever excelled at fixing things in life.

Maybe I'm just cookin on the pavement here over nothin'. netSd69.gif

Actually, even with valves and abyssalite pipes the plants willl heat up and stiffen. You really need to cool the water down AND have some airconditioning as well.

The issue seems that the water has way more mass. Once it enters the hydroponic tiles, it will emit heat. Given geyser water can easily reach 50°C, that will heat the atmosphere very quickly with larger farms, even when the valves are set at the bare minimum (9g/s for each plant)..

I placed my plants in a room with an entropy device, have build tempshift plates around them and run the geyser water through 2 thermo aquatuners. The plants still stiffle frequently, but stiffling has been reduced to an acceptable level.

@eggsvbacon The temp of abyssalite when using it as a material is mostly irrelevant.  It radiates and absorbs thermal energy so slowly that even pipes made of abyssalite from the oil/magma area will take a long time to make any difference to material passing through it.

1 minute ago, TheOlz said:

@eggsvbacon The temp of abyssalite when using it as a material is mostly irrelevant.  It radiates and absorbs thermal energy so slowly that even pipes made of abyssalite from the oil/magma area will take a long time to make any difference to material passing through it.

What does "mostly" irrelevant mean, when is it relevant?

Thanks

@eggsvbacon

I might've understated it, I honestly can't think of a time it would be relevant.

Maybe if I was doing some super cooling for liquid oxygen or something, I'd specifically look for cold abyssalite.

But even then... I played with liquid chlorine for a bit and realized later that half of it was built with 40C+ tiles - it never made a difference to the chlorine temps though.

@eggsvbacon

image.thumb.png.103a502261dc7a881d20641aaa2ab8a5.png

Example of sorts... I built this room 300+ cycles ago, abyssalite is still 40C, room has been between -2C and 5C the whole time.

Abyssalite has an extreme reaction point, liquid oxygen is the only thing i've found that changes its temp, and so far its the only thing affected by it but only until abyss is no longer "hot" enough to cause reactions......insulated abyssalite Pipes/vents however have shown no reaction what so ever to their contents, and  non insulated abysalite only the mildest reaction to the environments

3 hours ago, Kabrute said:

Abyssalite has an extreme reaction point, liquid oxygen is the only thing i've found that changes its temp, and so far its the only thing affected by it but only until abyss is no longer "hot" enough to cause reactions......insulated abyssalite Pipes/vents however have shown no reaction what so ever to their contents, and  non insulated abysalite only the mildest reaction to the environments

I made my metal refinery out of abyssalite and somewhere around 1800C it finally started heating up it's surroundings. Just deconstructed it and rebuilt it with colder abyssalite

44 minutes ago, BT_20 said:

abyssalite has 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 conductivity

It's 0.00001 conductivity, which matters for very high temperature differences.

Realistically, you probably won't care one way or the other in most normal use cases though.

9 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

Actually, even with valves and abyssalite pipes the plants willl heat up and stiffen. You really need to cool the water down AND have some airconditioning as well.

The issue seems that the water has way more mass. Once it enters the hydroponic tiles, it will emit heat. Given geyser water can easily reach 50°C, that will heat the atmosphere very quickly with larger farms, even when the valves are set at the bare minimum (9g/s for each plant)..

I placed my plants in a room with an entropy device, have build tempshift plates around them and run the geyser water through 2 thermo aquatuners. The plants still stiffle frequently, but stiffling has been reduced to an acceptable level.

If you keep the atmosphere above 1000g per cell, and valve the water down to 9g/s, then the water does not have way more mass.  1000g >>> 9g.  Are you valving too early so that you're delivering large slugs of water every 24 seconds instead of say 27g every 3 seconds? Are you keeping your atmospheric pressure high enough?  If you're having stifling with your setup, there's probably something you can improve.  Perhaps you just have a huge farm?  My farm for 12 dupes has no stifling issues, but perhaps you're farming for 50+

3 hours ago, donutman07 said:

I made my metal refinery out of abyssalite and somewhere around 1800C it finally started heating up it's surroundings. Just deconstructed it and rebuilt it with colder abyssalite

Should have kept it and surrounded it by vacuum. At 3000something, it melts into "free" tungsten.

17 minutes ago, trukogre said:

If you keep the atmosphere above 1000g per cell, and valve the water down to 9g/s, then the water does not have way more mass.  1000g >>> 9g.  Are you valving too early so that you're delivering large slugs of water every 24 seconds instead of say 27g every 3 seconds? Are you keeping your atmospheric pressure high enough?  If you're having stifling with your setup, there's probably something you can improve.  Perhaps you just have a huge farm?  My farm for 12 dupes has no stifling issues, but perhaps you're farming for 50+

I did valve too early, but after 50+ cycles that should have equalized. The matter of fact is, it doesn't.

Atmosphere pressure is well above 1000g of oxygen per tyle. Coral blue in the entire room.

I do have 80+ plants to water, so that'll be the biggest problem as you mentioned yourself. Before the oil upgrade; this was the way to go as the heat of the water did not affect the hydroponic tile. In hindsight it's probably better to create multiple small rooms and run hydrogen pipes through.

Archived