Can't find geysers

Hi! Recently I bought the game and I have a lot of difficulties with the water resources, because it ends too fast. Anyway, I learned how to survive without water, but I discovered that the maps have a thing called "geysers" that give us gas or water.

So, I searched for it on my map and cannot find one. So, I searched for seeds that the people say that there is a geyser near the start portal, and there is no geysers on those seeds. So, I looked at youtubers and their maps are very different from mine. So, I looked at Steam discussions that someone discovered that geysers do a sound, even if you can't see this, my maps have no geyser sounds, until the one I explored like 50% of the map.

Do I need to do something to find geysers? Do I need some update? Is this available on tubular update?

I can't find petroleum too, but I didn't searched about it.

English is not my first language, sorry if there is something written in a strange way. Thank y'all!

If you are not lucky, water geyser could be quite far.

Here is a few options  you can try :

basic

Spoiler

filter polluted water or heat some ice

advanced

Spoiler

Find petroleum, then use it to produce energy, you will also have ...

Same for the natural gas power generator

On 2017/12/29 at 4:03 PM, jiaonichifanla said:

OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds\HotMarsh.yaml

Snipaste_2017-12-29_14-42-21.thumb.png.4df6ad66c6a8ac9cd8681909d2478e96.png

OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\subworlds\Jungle.yaml

Snipaste_2017-12-29_14-39-57.thumb.png.da6a7bcc3e2cd2ccc57a1369e4b0442b.png

I made some files to change the number of geysers.

How to use ?

Watch  this video . Steam client :1:30~2:30  Wegame client:2:30~3:20

May be have some problems in these files.

If you have any questions or advice ,please contact me.

English is not my native language;please excuse typing errors.

ENGLISH Change the number of geysers.7z

Snipaste_2017-12-29_15-10-34.thumb.png.b5f93ff6f1c4735c5c7334d4f8733ce7.png

简体中文 修改泉的文件及方法.rar

Snipaste_2017-12-29_15-19-26.thumb.png.5d64f7d5ea467d50b0db43dae4a0397d.png

Snipaste_2017-12-29_15-10-34.png

my answer is: there most definitely are.

If you want to be certain nothing has gone wrong, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data" and create a text file called "debug_enable.txt". Then start up your game and press "Backspace". This will reveal the entire map.

Wow, I created this topic and forgot it for some days.

Okay, lets try!

@Kiako I never found any ice, petroleum or natural gas. But I can do a bit of natural gas. It appears on my Mealwood plantation and I don't know why.

@thewreckedangle I will add my main game for a while.

@QuQuasar Ok, I will try it and edit my post.

kk9N1FX.png

JCeq2pG.png

nNGUkQf.png

bAMkwHu.png

Additional info: I am using Linux

Future Cemitery.sav

PRINTS:

just wanted to add..  i was intrigued by an entire map of starter biome, and was challenged by a friend to "dig it all". so i currently have two separated teams of dupes digging it all out. hah, it runs way smoother than usual actually and the limited rss is a fun twist! so even though it was a bug, thanks for sharing it cause it was actually awesome

20180107021758_1.thumb.jpg.4cc714dcc235cc65913457a15f1736e4.jpg

Archived