Unplayable after cycle 200ish

System 

4790 I7

8 gigs ram* upgrading to 16+ soon

7770ATI *1080 ti coming Tuesday

Samsung 850evo <---Windows and this game installed only

--------------------------------------------------

Game is sluggish after about 40 duplicates,  micromanagement gets very difficult.....like they are not following priorities correctly.

Even after completely quitting and restarting the game.

Yet it seems others are not having this problem?!?

Stick with smaller colonies. More dupes slows it down. I usually play with 6-18

Reduce multiple paths to the same end point. Pathing takes a lot of processing in this game, which is compounded by having 40 dupes.

Keep a clean base. Put stuff away in storage. Preferably one type of item per storage. If you don't need it anymore, lock it away too.

Clean up excess liquids.

Restrain the animals with a pneumatic door.

Lock up areas you don't need to access anymore. (Simplify pathing)

If you're intent on having a large base with lots of dupes, consider splitting your base in half. Don't let the dupes go from one base to the other, except maybe one or two.  Two smaller bases will be easier on pathing and job selection.

Could you post your save, I am interested to see if I can find whats causes the problem in your base. 

I am not sure how it works now days with 40 dupes. I usually only run with 10-16 dupes because earlier it did causes to much lag for me to play with 30-40 dupes. 

Saves are a very personal and private thing, I provide mine as long as you agree that/to:

1.   My first REAL colony 

2.  I screwed up oxygen, everyone is gasping

3. Don't laugh at me.  lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u244mqv49y4usfh/posted to the board.sav?dl=0

The game is not lagging in the traditional sense, it is just that the pawns are not responding like they were cycle 1.

Hard to explain

(Also at cycle 1, I cheated and gave myself 20 tons of candy bars, cause I have yet to mess with farming.  Have to learn air supply first!!!)

Yeah I see they have still have the "dupe" lag. When I did 100 dupe base I hade extrem lag of it. If I did run it on full speed then in the morning it would take 10 secs for the dupes to start doing anything. And some other stuff like forgetting to breath.

At slower speed you will not get that stuff. But then you have to run it slower. 

Archived