Is metal refinery now "eating" coolant?

14 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Could be a bug, when i fill MR with crude oil, it's vanishing over time (quick)

I have one save with 10 metal refineries running at max 10kg water input because of reporting output coolant temperature bug and according to my tests there is no liquid being destroyed.

However output coolant, until it is pump out (so while still in the machine) is pickable. Duplicants can pick it from machine output (like from storage) and they do it if you have bottle emptier for that liquid somewhere.

Those unclickable bottles appear when duplicant pick as bottle all available output liquid and 0kg is left. (when you have more bottle emptiers or there was less than 200kg in the machine output at the pickup moment)

Those bottles have 0kg and are not on the ground "flying" and also debug tool "clear floor" is not clearing them but they should disappear with save + load.

9 hours ago, TheScaryOne said:

I use polluted water, and I've noticed that it's dropping hot polluted water on the ground in front of the machine in bottles instead of outputting everything.

Probably some dupe picked output water and was going to deliver it to bottle emptier but got distracted by eat/toilet/sleep and so dropped that bottle on the ground.

4 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Those unclickable bottles appear when duplicant pick as bottle all available output liquid and 0kg is left. (when you have more bottle emptiers or there was less than 200kg in the machine output at the pickup moment)

On my pictures, you can see, it's not a liquid bottle, it's co² dropped.
I let the MR run for 50 cycles / continous and nothing was deleted. Then i added manual +1 gold/wolframite and it started..

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

On my pictures, you can see, it's not a liquid bottle, it's co² dropped.
I let the MR run for 50 cycles / continous and nothing was deleted. Then i added manual +1 gold/wolframite and it started..

Do you have bottle emptier for crude oil somewhere?
Maybe you didn't have it for 50 cycles and now you have it?

Not easy to see on your pictures but to me it looks much more like liquid (crude_oil) bottle than gas bottle.
dVTg8bm.png

And if you have there "non clickable" bottle (removed on save + load) that means some duplicant picked crude oil from MR to bottle emptier which is where your missing oil is.

34 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

Do you have bottle emptier for crude oil somewhere?
Maybe you didn't have it for 50 cycles and now you have it?

And if you have there "non clickable" bottle (removed on save + load) that means some duplicant picked crude oil from MR to bottle emptier which is where your missing oil is.

Yes sir, i have.
Sure Sir, i had.
Yes Sir, those bottles vanishing with save/load, but they "spawn" as soon as liquid is lost. When i lock the area (no dupidupidoo is able to reach loc/empty bottle) it stays there too, till saveload.
:)

32 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Yes sir, i have.
Sure Sir, i had.
Yes Sir, those bottles vanishing with save/load, but they "spawn" as soon as liquid is lost. When i lock the area (no dupidupidoo is able to reach loc/empty bottle) it stays there too, till saveload.

No no no Sir... no liquid is lost. Those bottles "spawn" when dupidupidoo picks up crude oil from inside of your MR and then delivers it to your crude oil bottle emptier.

No need to lock the area after empty bottle spawns because that empty bottle is bug and it is not possible to collect it. Only way to delete that bottle is save+load or by deconstructing MR.

But Sir, if you would make that bottle emptier inaccessible, no crude oil would be delivered to it, there would be no missing oil in your pipes and also no unclicable empty crude oil bottle.

17 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

No no no Sir... no liquid is lost. Those bottles "spawn" when dupidupidoo picks up crude oil from inside of your MR and then delivers it to your crude oil bottle emptier.

Sorry Sir, but stuff is lost everywhere! In front of vents and in my MR. Without any dupidupidoo labour.

Archived