Current system discourage player to participate

WimpyWolfgang

The current reward system base on levels, and there is a soft cap in place for higher levels.

Presume levels would be carry forward to the next event, high level players would gain less reward for next event.

As discuss before, spools will be carried forward to the next event and so on. 

Right now you either keep your level low or stock pile loads of spools for future event, both would result in player not participating any future events because of the soft cap.

Just my observation

Who said we'd be keeping our levels when the next event rolls around? That's just a terrible idea that I doubt Klei would do. They're not gonna punish players for participating in an event like that. I'm fairly certain our levels will be reset during the next event if the leveling system is used again.

Either that or kept separated on a user's profile, in the event that Klei brings back a prior event.

So you'd have individual levels for each event that won't downplay someone's time invested into the game already but won't hinder future plays in other events.

On 20.11.2017 at 11:21 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Who said we'd be keeping our levels when the next event rolls around? That's just a terrible idea that I doubt Klei would do. They're not gonna punish players for participating in an event like that. I'm fairly certain our levels will be reset during the next event if the leveling system is used again.

i'm actually okay if they'll cap level requirement at 15k xp. i said about it since beta, growing xp requirement is a very bad idea

41 minutes ago, landromat said:

i'm actually okay if they'll cap level requirement at 15k xp. i said about it since beta, growing xp requirement is a very bad idea

Agreed. At a certain point the xp required for the next level really should plateau instead of continuing to rise. If they use a leveling system again I hope they go for something like that next time.

I don't know how Klei are going to handle this; but the approach that I would take would be to add a "The Forge" badge to the history section showing the level that you attained perhaps along with various other personal stats from the event. And then if they bring the event back next year they could resume the stats from there.

On 4. 12. 2017 at 7:19 PM, numberkruncher said:

I don't know how Klei are going to handle this; but the approach that I would take would be to add a "The Forge" badge to the history section showing the level that you attained perhaps along with various other personal stats from the event. And then if they bring the event back next year they could resume the stats from there.

you are creepy cuz you got that completely right...

Archived