Any theories on the significance of the forge and its purpose in the lore?

slendyproject

Well, listing all the lore dropped in the Forge is probably going to result in a wall of text, so this is just a partial list of certain things of note:

• The survivors reached the Forge via the Ancient Gateway
  • The world our survivors are in is called The Constant
  • According to Pugna, he and his people (the Forge's Pigs) were trapped there after be cut off from a "Throne"
  • He also assumes the survivors are Gatekeepers, agents of the Throne
  • Pugna mentions a scepter, presumably the one used by the Ancients in the second Metheus obelisk mural
  • Meanwhile, Charlie is doing something with the Gateway on the Constant side...

Note: Edited for text formatting issues

I think Pugna is not the only person plotting to over throw the throne, but he seems completely unaware of how it works. To Charlie, the nightmare throne seems to be a normal chair as if it didn't have any powers to grant her. Something else powers Charlie and the throne, and whatever it is I doubt pigs could ever do anything to come near it.

The characters are proving that they will risk anything to escape, and so I wouldn't put it past them to try and find some way to deal with "Them".

Charlie might just be watching them. I'd say this is all part of an elaborate plan on the shadows part to destroy ANYTHING that'd opose THEM, even by tricking the survivors to destroy things for THEM, but that's be pretty damn elaborate. Like, how'd they knew they'd do all the things that led up to Pugna and his cranky pigs?

Another thing. Pugna has a W on his chest. All the survivors have W names. Maybe THEY also have W names? Or perhaps W is a special letter to them, that has some other meaning in their world. The only none-w humans are Abigail and Charlie. It is implied that neither of them were even supposed to be there. One of them is already dead though, and Charlie seemed to have been brought there with Maxwell as an unexpected plus one.

Archived